Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

steering wheel

vf sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfsv6-vx calais
hi, how hard is it to replace the original steering wheel with a flat bottom one on the vf is it a home job or a dealer job?, cheers.

hlucin8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon
Took me 20 minutes. But I pull cars apart for a living. (Car audio)
Only thing to be careful of is the airbag. Rest is easy

MrMagoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SS
Please document it.. lol, as id love to have a go myself. The airbag part sounds tricky tho.

HOONR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF GTS & VF SV6 UTE
Thanks guys I followed the thread tonight and swapped my VF2 sv6 steering wheel over to a ssv redline flat bottom everything worked perfect took me about 15min recommend using an impact gun to undo that T50 middle bolt it was on super tight and I could not get it with a socket and bar but the impact gun made light work of it. Turned the wheel upside down first then disconnected the negative on battery. My steering lock came on and was just slightly off to one side but still all worked fine I re fitted just off and everything is straight and perfect swapped out the trim from chrome to black to match my interior also had lane departure on steering wheel controls which mine don’t have but swapped over my factory buttons and used all the same plugs factory from the flat bottom steering wheel again all working fine this is the 3rd flat bottom steering wheel I have purchased and had fitted the first 2 I paid holden to fit vf sv6 cost was $60 in 2019 then had 2nd wheel fitted to my vf sv6 ute 2021 cost was $150 that’s what prompted me to try this myself as I keep selling the vehicle with the flat bottom steering wheels and have to purchase them again and again they are getting harder to find but we get them here in NZ from the wreckers or trade me cost is going up i paid $200 for this wheel.
IMG_0103.jpeg

Reactions: Lex

HOONR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF GTS & VF SV6 UTE
Photo of finished wheel

Attachments

• IMG_0114.jpeg
    IMG_0114.jpeg
    34.7 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: Lex