Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stuck on hot or cold air 2009 Holden ve commodore SV6 Auto Series 1

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon, VF ute
Hi guys hope everyone is well, im trying to fix my mates car and i gave read through the forums and couldn't find a similar issue and hoping some legend in here can shed some lights and guide me through.

Problem is the car either blows cold or hot air through the vents.
there are some codes came up which i wasn't able to clear photo attached.
Also i replaced 2&3 actuators (luckily, I have spare used ones and yes, they work) in the second photo and that didn't fix the problem.
I did the actuators relearn/reset method (holding the defroster and turn the key to on position) and still no luck.

I removed the blower fan and check if the evap flap was broken and thank goodness it wasn't.

if any one can help with this it would be highly appreciated! TIA to all of you legends!
WhatsApp Image 2023-06-29 at 14.35.15.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-06-29 at 14.28.15.jpg

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Deleted after rereading first post.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
From memory each module is supplied via two wires so check for voltage at the actuator with a multimeter.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you don’t have voltage at one during operation then you need to check for continuity between the actuator and the module. The module is number nine in the picture.

Also worth seeing if anything is blocking the doors in there. A boroscope will be needed.

It’s possible there is a fault with the module.

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon, VF ute
how to check the doors if you dont mind me asking? after playing around with actuator 2&3 yesterday i now only have 2 codes and still stuck on hot air.

PS: sorry my original post says 3&4 but now i edited it to 2&3
IMG_3159.jpeg

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
With a boroscope

adios57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Mon-aro
I can only talk about a single zone HVAC as per my earlier post.
The heat only was due to the recirculating door not operating. I posted the table of faults in my earlier post. The system appeared to default even after the mechanic cleared the codes.
I suggest you recheck that the recirculating door is operating by using the system to activate the doors, have your mate watch the door open and close through the inlet where the cabin filter fits. You need to lift the cowl. I have reread your post. When you checked the recirculating door did you move it with your hand or watch it move when activating it. If it moved with your hand only and not while being activated then it is broken. The actuator should be replaced and the door can be turned around.
The actuators should not be able to move if not being activated. My recirculating door was moveable but would not open fully.
The other actuators on the left side of the console which can be seen from removing the glovebox and the left panels of the console.
You can remove the actuators and reconnect them electrically to see that they are working through the wiring.
Look at the table I posted as to each code and the actuator and place where they are.

Best of luck it is a bugger of a job.

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon, VF ute
Mon-aro
I can only talk about a single zone HVAC as per my earlier post.
The heat only was due to the recirculating door not operating. I posted the table of faults in my earlier post. The system appeared to default even after the mechanic cleared the codes.
I suggest you recheck that the recirculating door is operating by using the system to activate the doors, have your mate watch the door open and close through the inlet where the cabin filter fits. You need to lift the cowl. I have reread your post. When you checked the recirculating door did you move it with your hand or watch it move when activating it. If it moved with your hand only and not while being activated then it is broken. The actuator should be replaced and the door can be turned around.
The actuators should not be able to move if not being activated. My recirculating door was moveable but would not open fully.
The other actuators on the left side of the console which can be seen from removing the glovebox and the left panels of the console.
You can remove the actuators and reconnect them electrically to see that they are working through the wiring.
Look at the table I posted as to each code and the actuator and place where they are.

Best of luck it is a bugger of a job.
Hey mate thanks so much for replying back to me!

As for the recirculating door, i have removed the blower fan and checked it with hand and it didnt move, so i turn the ac fan on and play around with the vent dial/ control and the recirculating door was working ad it should.

im just going to try and swap the module as Fu Manchu suggested and take it from there… module No 9 in the diagram posted above.