Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 exhaust sound clips

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Bigger waste of money, buying a VE V6, selling it, buying a FG I6, selling it, then ending up again with another VE V6. Not to mention all the money you've spent on mods. Not only are you a troll, you're a hypocrite. If someone wants to spend abit of money on an exhaust I don't see the big deal. Especially when you've kissed away thousands buying essentially 3 of the same cars.

WTF? Hypocrite? Sharing ones experience in money wasting is providing some friendly advice in an effort to help so people are either as fully informed as they can be and waste money anyway (fine by me - it's their choice) or choose not to waste the money - and is based on the fact he asked for people to "help him out" in his OP. Not being hypocritical. I don't give a toss what people do to their cars. There's some hideous monstrosities out there after all!

Stop hijacking the poor bastard's thread. If you have a problem with me, send me a PM. Otherwise, nothing I have said is wrong or OT!

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Mufflers are max, $500. Loosing depreciation on 3 cars would be over $10,000 easily, big difference.

Last edited:

CH3F

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sedan
Protective? WTF? Every post? WTF? I say what I do because I'm as entitled as anyone else to say what I want within the rules of the forum. Someone asks for advice on after market exhausts for a V6 and I think it's a stupid idea, a waste of money and sound like utter garbage, so I say it. Not to mention I am speaking from experience when I once wanted my V6 to sound better and through away thousands trying to get it right all for what? Complete waste of time and money.

Maybe if you asked like old mate, you would have got some advice instead of 'throughing' away thousands lol (try, threw away)
I love the sound of my SV6.. How much did it cost? $500 from OPG off Ebay and 45min installing them.

People don't begrudge you the right to say anything, be it positive or negative, they just get their back up when you say it the way you do
Maybe instead of being the asshat, try and be helpful

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Mufflers are max, $500. Loosing depreciation on 3 cars would be over $10,000 easily, big difference.

There are ways to change cars without losing money, especially when they're salary sacrificed and none of my own cash ever changes hands. Not that it's any of your business. NOW QUIT HIJACKING.

People don't begrudge you the right to say anything, be it positive or negative, they just get their back up when you say it the way you do

I don't say **** to piss people off. I just say it as I think it. I don't believe in wearing rose coloured glasses. People can think I'm being an "asshat" all they like but at the end of the day I don't give a **** what people think and will keep telling it as I see it. Like I've said, it's no skin of my nose. Advice given freely is still advice, even if people disagree with it or don't like it.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Maybe if you asked like old mate, you would have got some advice instead of 'throughing' away thousands lol (try, threw away)
I love the sound of my SV6.. How much did it cost? $500 from OPG off Ebay and 45min installing them.

He definitely doesn't sugar coat anything but I generally understand where he is coming from, a majority of V6's with modded exhausts are on clapped out beaters and whine/drone around offending ones senses.

Your SV6 has had alot of cash poured into it and I like how it looks...can't comment on the sound cos I"ve only seen pics but...for me V6's shouldn't be about performance or sound they are a bit more on the practical side of things unless they"ve been turbo'd/supercharged, it seems like every second P plater on here wants to put an exhaust on their car...spending anywhere from 200 bucks with cannon specials to 2.5-3k for a proper exhaust...decent wad of money that could have gone towards a spanking new ride later on, think of how much of a nicer car you can get in the second hand market with 2-3k more up your sleeve....you can shift up 2-3 years maybe even more with older models.

....my 2 cents.

CH3F

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sedan
Insurance is a massive reason why a young fellow won't step into a V8, on P plates or not the $1000 they are saving a year on insurance I think they can afford to splash out on an exhaust system...

Page 2 of my thread has an exhaust clip, sounds better now after the Mace Tune

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Delsih-VY, that goes for everything. Why bother having a holiday for the next 50 years when you could save up and have a massive one when you're retired?

People don't need advice on how to spend their hard earned. Unless they ask for it of course.

CSP aka Rufy's responses to alot of these threads are laughable when he's spent thousands more than the average p'plater ever would. Me included.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Insurance is a massive reason why a young fellow won't step into a V8, on P plates or not the $1000 they are saving a year on insurance I think they can afford to splash out on an exhaust system...

...Money better spent elsewhere IMO....he could spend 3k on a sound system and then just get a recording of a loud droning noise playing on a loop n crank it up to max volume.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Delsih-VY, that goes for everything. Why bother having a holiday for the next 50 years when you could save up and have a massive one when you're retired?

People don't need advice on how to spend their hard earned. Unless they ask for it of course.

CSP aka Rufy's responses to alot of these threads are laughable when he's spent thousands more than the average p'plater ever would. Me included.

Holiday in 50 years?, sounds like a good plan....except your comparison is laughable because in this analogy the holiday you"re going on now would have to be to a balinese prison or somthing and the holiday at the end would have to be the equivalent of living hugh heffner's life for 20 years.

I"ll bite, what is CSP supposed to mean.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Holiday in 50 years?, sounds like a good plan....except your comparison is laughable because in this analogy the holiday you"re going on now would have to be to a balinese prison or somthing and the holiday at the end would have to be the equivalent of living hugh heffner's life for 20 years.

I"ll bite, what is CSP supposed to mean.
Well it does depend on income of said person lol, CSP is Rufy's former account, before he was banned for trolling or something similiar.

My full system cost me about $1400, that's coated extractors, cats, xpipe and mufflers, all stainless steel. Wouldn't have spent that much but a Supercharger needs abit more flow than a stock system.