Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 top speed

M

MR-STI

I have seen 240 in 5th gear in my SV6 on a nice cold night. Did it no worries at all.

S

stew7700

VY2ENJOY said:
stew7700 What I call a 1/2 sweep in the SV6 is the speedo only sits horizontaly at 0 and goes to about "3 o'clock" for 260 km/h (or what ever the top speed is) where as My Berlina has 0 km/h at about "7 o'clock" and goes arount to about "4 o'clock" this is the same for the tacho. Does this help or has my explanation made things worse!.

Yeah mate i know exactly what you mean now, and i agree, i totally prefer the type of dash in your berlina where the needles sit below horizontal. Gives it a more "relaxed" look when ya see the revs sitting just on horizontal on the open road. Just my opinion. Thanks for the explanation mate.

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
cops just monitor car forums like this, and can have severe implications for the web owners/creators/ etc.

B

berrin3

SV6 Likely speed

VZSV6 said:
who said it didn't hit 230 or more for that fact

I happen to have 2 Vzs one has the 175Kw Motor and i have had this out to 221KMh so i expect the 190Kw motor to do more i havent had the chance to try yet but soon will

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
I've had my SV6 out to 221...On private property of course ;)

cliffo78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline, VL Exec, VY Berlina
VZSV6 said:
who said it didn't hit 230 or more for that fact

I started this post, so I don't know whether that makes my claim any more believable than anybody else's, but I dont think any of the figures here are tall stories. I have seen 235 on my SV6 auto, with (a little) more still in it. :my:

V

VZSV6

it would be nice to see where it actually cuts out, where can you do these speeds with out endangering anyone.

R

RKZ234

highendrev said:
cops just monitor car forums like this, and can have severe implications for the web owners/creators/ etc.

Hmmmmm, so that's why it takes them so long to respond to a burglary call. They are monitoring car enthusiast web sites!!

If the Police have so little real work to do, let them monitor away.

In the NT it is perfectly legal to test out your cars top speed.

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
Update time.. I've had it off the clock now, past 260 :)... I don't believe that though

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
benzor said:
Update time.. I've had it off the clock now, past 260 :)... I don't believe that though

**** me that is fast!
It might be accurate with your mods though, might be a little over ambitious but even with a 10% error in the speedo its still around the 245/250 mark.
I have had my VS of the clock, goes past the 220 and hits the dash, i posted a picture in the forum about 6 months ago. If mine can go approx 230 maybe faster, the SV6 could easily crack that with the more powerful engine.
Here is what i posted in the past. Took it in Nt on my phone on camera count down.

Attachments

• full fast.bmp
    179.1 KB · Views: 455