Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

taking out the spool :(

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I never said I was an expert in car control, I just know how my parents drive and think I would be better at controlling my car in a bad situation, although that being said I can't say that about everyone else that has been driving for 20+ years.

On the other hand, maybe your parents are bright enough not to get into that situation to begin with

There are a lot of legal Nazis on this site, mention something illegal such as flicking a cigarette butt and you get condemned, get real you've all done something illegal once in your life so don't sit there and act like you're an angel.

Go chat to some of the people at Kinglake or Marysville (victoria) about flicking a ciggie out the window and see how that goes for you :thumbsup:

Reaper

badger__rox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VnExecutive
any commodore diff center should fit im pretty sure

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
Your post says alot. Moving fields for abit, people i've worked with who have the mindset of 'its always been done this way, so its the best way' are usually doing things the most ineffective way. Same could be said for driving, theres plenty of people out there who have a license, yet cant drive for ****. I now have this opinion of you because of your response.

I was meant to say a lot.

But I made no mention, or reference to, the mindset of "It's been done this way for years so it must be right".
The point I was making was that those of us who have more experience, have had the opportunity to try different things and learn from mistakes, regarding modifing cars and driving skills.
Having a little experience allows you to avoid potential problems as you would have encountered similar issues before, where as ineffective people are unwilling to embrace new ideas or concepts.
What we are trying to do is pass on these experiences to the benefit of others, but it makes it hard when the responce is, well, irresponsible.

With regards to the topic, spools are not a new concept. They effect the handling of a vehicle to a point where the authorities have deemed them illegal, and rightly so.
To apply this modification to a group of drivers who are over represented in the road toll, to me, appears to be a receipe for disaster.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I was meant to say a lot.

But I made no mention, or reference to, the mindset of "It's been done this way for years so it must be right".
The point I was making was that those of us who have more experience, have had the opportunity to try different things and learn from mistakes, regarding modifing cars and driving skills.
Having a little experience allows you to avoid potential problems as you would have encountered similar issues before, where as ineffective people are unwilling to embrace new ideas or concepts.
What we are trying to do is pass on these experiences to the benefit of others, but it makes it hard when the responce is, well, irresponsible.

With regards to the topic, spools are not a new concept. They effect the handling of a vehicle to a point where the authorities have deemed them illegal, and rightly so.
To apply this modification to a group of drivers who are over represented in the road toll, to me, appears to be a receipe for disaster.

Your right, WE are trying to pass on experience (not sure what gave you the impression i'm a 17yo with no experience....)
You pass on your experience, I pass on mine. The problem is too many people flat out say 'oh you have a death wish if you drive with a spool in the wet' when its just total bs.

Spools are illegal for the simple fact the wheels are locked together. Nothing more, nothing less.
As was discussed to death in the other thread, if someone is going to kill themselves, a spool isnt going to make any difference. Those types of people are already an accident waiting to happen. Which is why so many people jump to give the REAL info about a spool, so the person can make up their own mind if its for them or not.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
after you have taken it out, can you send it to me :D

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
The spool had nothing to do with you loosing it. Complete lack of throttle control did. Not having an accident sounds very much like good luck rather than any skill. By your own admission above you cannot handle a car in even common situations such as going around a roundabout. If your parents are worse than you, then god help us all.

Reaper

Right, because you have to have your foot to the floor in a spooled car for it to lose control.

Like I said I was 18, fresh license in a mini-spooled vehicle in the wet, you do the math Hitler.

On the other hand, maybe your parents are bright enough not to get into that situation to begin with

Go chat to some of the people at Kinglake or Marysville (victoria) about flicking a ciggie out the window and see how that goes for you :thumbsup:

Reaper

And I'm immediately labeled a hoon because I was on my Ps and had a minispool that I wasn't aware off? Yeah that would be right, the older generation of Australia are all the same, too many kids play on your lawn have they gramps?

Did I say anything about flicking one out the window of a moving vehicle? I don't even smoke.

I'm sure you've been told multiple times that your logic is flawed so I won't even bother adding to the wagon.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I dealt with it and trust me I did lose it a fair few times going around a corner, or around a round-a-bout in the wet, not by hooning, but by normal driving (not knowing the characteristics of a spool at the time).

Like I said I was 18, fresh license in a mini-spooled vehicle in the wet, you do the math Hitler.

The math is it should have only happened once maybe a second but not a third time. Obviously you were using too much throttle in the corner. Call people Hitler if you like, but you're the idiot that didn't learn from it the first time it happened. Oh and don't think I'm old either, cause I'm not.

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Calais Turbo, VZ SV6
and replace it every 6 months, be cool, getta spool

Thats so true the holden LSD's are so **** for burnouts i was just Quoted $700 for mine to be rebuilt. so i just said stuff it spool it, i might die driving around town.

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
The math is it should have only happened once maybe a second but not a third time. Obviously you were using too much throttle in the corner. Call people Hitler if you like, but you're the idiot that didn't learn from it the first time it happened. Oh and don't think I'm old either, cause I'm not.

So you're saying because I lost it more than 2 times accidentally, I was hooning? No I wasn't, take a spooled car out in the wet and see how easy it is to control for your first time.

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Calais Turbo, VZ SV6
So you're saying because I lost it more than 2 times accidentally, I was hooning? No I wasn't, take a spooled car out in the wet and see how easy it is to control for your first time.

I drove a spooled car for the first time in the wet and its not so bad if you remember every corner that you have a spool. I lost it because i had a brain snap and put the pedal to the floor, dident hit anyting tho ;)