Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Teen girl raped by gang of five in Jamberoo fun park

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Hrm well my familys been here over 150 years on both sides of the family which is probably more than most of the true blue aussies :)? and I honestly don't think I belong in Australia anymore than someone from the Middle east. If I was adapted to this climate I'd clearly be black as the night :)

Ahhh, if you are referring to Aboriginals then they aren't Australian. This country wasn't called Australia until white men settled it :p It was called Van Diemens Land before that.

So technically, the majority of us ARE Australian, as that's what Cook named it just before they settled it for convict use. So Aboriginals aren't even Australian :D

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
Ahhh, if you are referring to Aboriginals then they aren't Australian. This country wasn't called Australia until white men settled it :p It was called Van Diemens Land before that.

So technically, the majority of us ARE Australian, as that's what Cook named it just before they settled it for convict use. So Aboriginals aren't even Australian :D

Actually Van Diemen's Land was Tasmania, The mainland was called "New Holland"

http://www.nla.gov.au/exhibitions/southland/Exp-Out_of_Batavia.html said:
Heemskerck and Zeehaen, 1642

Abel Tasman, commanding the Heemskerck and Zeehaen, became the first European to sight Van Diemen's Land (Tasmania),

I also own an antiquarian map by E Bowen published in 1760 which shows "New Holland" connected to "Van Diemen's Land" and New Guinea.

Van Diemon's Land was named after Anthonie van Diemen, Governor-General of the East Indies from 1636 to 1645. by Abel Tasman.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

I think Cook was the one who called it New South Wales. The name Australia belongs, I think, to Matthew Flinders, who took the name from Terra Australis, the original name for "Great South Land".

I could be wrong, and I am way off post. Sorry for that, but I've been told I'm geriatric and think like a 16 year old.

FIIK how that can be.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Actually Van Diemen's Land was Tasmania, The mainland was called "New Holland"

I also own an antiquarian map by E Bowen published in 1760 which shows "New Holland" connected to "Van Diemen's Land" and New Guinea.

Van Diemon's Land was named after Anthonie van Diemen, Governor-General of the East Indies from 1636 to 1645. by Abel Tasman.

Ahh i stand corrected, i always get New Holland and Van Diemens land confused!

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
Ahh i stand corrected, i always get New Holland and Van Diemens land confused!

Yeh they were both connected on old maps so that's where the confusion often comes from. Not trying to be a know it all just find Australian history VERY interesting :D

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
im gonna side with julie here, and its not just because im from Cronulla.

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
I dont want to play the race card here, but its getting beyond a joke, if its not the middle Easterners then its the Sudanese, who come to OUR country but then decide to disregard our rules, laws and traditions and play by their own.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
people also have to remember some of our ancestors were actually booted out of their homeland and sent to aus on a filthy boat...convicts anyone??? not everyones family flew here...i know mine came on boat and chain.

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
WOW talk about racist thread or what. What they did was wrong and they will be dealt with but it has nothing to do with their back ground. I half expected minux to jump on this thread but to make a statement in big red letters thats just disgraceful and if you ask me very un-australian.

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
WOW talk about racist thread or what. What they did was wrong and they will be dealt with but it has nothing to do with their back ground. I half expected minux to jump on this thread but to make a statement in big red letters thats just disgraceful and if you ask me very un-australian.

Like i said, hated to play the race card, but sadly what i said is correct. Many come over here and play the rules of their own country. Here women have equal rights, yet many foreign men come here from countries where thats not the case and they carry on their own way.