Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Temporary fix for roof lining sag?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Just hit it all over with a framing gun … the nails poking through the roof will also keep pigeons off the car and therefore you won’t have to worry about pigeon poop as much :p

Or just get it fixed :rolleyes:

I wonder what this thread is about? :rolleyes:

Even if one reads on, a clue exists about it from the op

H

harrop.senator

Ive used even non foam backed material by spotlight. Most important part is scraping all the old foam off the wood board.

Also squeegee from the centre out. That way you can work the wrinkles out to where the edges are .

I like the sika brand contact spray.

YouTube it!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've had a go and it came out average at best. A year or two later I sourced a replacement board and paid to have it done properly. I'm anal though, OP might be happy with a bodgy job.

H

harrop.senator

I've had a go and it came out average at best. A year or two later I sourced a replacement board and paid to have it done properly. I'm anal though, OP might be happy with a bodgy job.

I'd still rather cover bike seats. You can pull hidden staples n have another crack haha.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
As an extremely poor student‍ ‍ and not having enough tools ⚒ and knowledge about the interior fixtures my advice would be ,either get it fixed by professional or just pin the loose edges..Because it's not an easy job,specially taking it out and refitting it.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
if it hasnt completely collapsed. and is just loose around the edges
then pull down loose section, knock/blow loose material dust out
quick spray with 3m spray adhesive
then smooth lining from centre to outer edge
i have done this to numerous cars over the years and results have been very good
if it has completely or mostly disintegrated then a professional replacement is your only choice

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

theburna57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute V6
we didn't know that it is illegal to drive without a roof lining. We got this advice whilst the grandsons ute was being done so the excuse that is was out for a bit over 24 hours only was good for the cop to just give us the warning. Why is it illegal? well I can't figure out why or why not it would make a difference.

H

harrop.senator

we didn't know that it is illegal to drive without a roof lining. We got this advice whilst the grandsons ute was being done so the excuse that is was out for a bit over 24 hours only was good for the cop to just give us the warning. Why is it illegal? well I can't figure out why or why not it would make a difference.

Because once it starts sagging enough it's a hazard. It's on your head , it lowers your field of vision etc.