Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Temporary fix for roof lining sag?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Unless I was getting mixed up I've answered this a couple times now .....

The original post I was replying to I thought they said they couldn't understand why a sagging roof lining was illegal......

Not no roof lining at all....

I saw your other answers after I posted this response...So I did jump the gun a little with my query...:)

H

harrop.senator

Can't sag on your head when it's not fitted...So still intreguing why it would be illegal to drive without it fitted

The reason I'd say it's illegal to have nothing at all would be the exposed wiring and sheet metal.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Unless I was getting mixed up I've answered this a couple times now .....

The original post I was replying to I thought they said they couldn't understand why a sagging roof lining was illegal......

Not no roof lining at all....

See your comment (and the quote therein) at post #20.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Thanks for all the replies. Ive been quoted 260-360 for a fix from various mobile trimmers.

As an extremely poor uni student, I'd be interested in trying to do a permanent fix myself to save money. Is this possible through buying some basic equipment from supercheap plus fabric? I'm more than happy to dedicate a few days, but not if the chances of screwing it up are are high.
If your not too fussed on what it looks like or can’t afford it atm just strip the fabric off and leave it bare. When/if you get the money together to fix it professionally they will pull it off anyway so no loss to them.

If you stick it back up yourself with adhesive they will probably charge you extra to remove it. When I got mine done professionally they asked me if I had used anything to stick it back up. I said no and they said good. Pretty sure that means it’s a PITA to remove the old lining if its been stuck back up again.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Fixed mine around the edges with Tarzans Grip. Very cheap. You can also run a staple gun around the edges beneath the rubbers over the doors (to hide the staples). This is where it initially lifted, wind got under it.
That’s super near where the airbags are.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I now use 3M exclusively after other brands had failed.
Prefer 3M HiTack 90 but the 76 is good too.

In fact I have some on the way to redo my other Crewman lining.

I start with it laid over the headliner and fold/lay it back over. Start at half way point and spray a strip and stick. Working from the middle out. Then spray another stripe and stick. Slowly work along. Then do the other half.

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Is that the orange can gear Fu? I wasted money on various cans of glue and the orange can gear from Autobarn was the only one that held.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 2.23.28 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 2.24.02 pm.png