Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thank you Apple!

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
meh ill stand by personal experience. had an iphone and i will admit, it does have pro's over the samsung.

- it did run alot smoother than samsung like scrolling through the phone. but crashed alot more than samsung
- trying to take a pic of something like a shirt. iphone was better, captured colours better and less blurry. but things from a distance samsung did better.

unless apple change their so called 'user friendly format' where its a fkn mission to add a ring tone on msg tone or pictures onto your phone, ill never go back.

Apple fan boy , but I like both droid and ios

jail broken iphone over a r00ted android any day.

Androids have a weird feel to them while ios is all snappy and clean

Plus apple phones feel solid and well made , while *most android phones feel like they are made from Chinese plastic you find in knock off toys

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Touchwiz is ****. It's the cause of grief for most who use Samsung devices. It's not smooth at all.

But it's NOT the device.

Get rid of Touchwiz and it's smoother than a baby's bum and (Galaxy S4 or S5) easily shits on the iPhone5. My personal choice for replacing Touchwiz is Apex.

HTC One M8 with Nova here - smashes pretty much anything in performance - Touchwiz is the devil.

Apple fan boy , but I like both droid and ios

jail broken iphone over a r00ted android any day.

Androids have a weird feel to them while ios is all snappy and clean

Plus apple phones feel solid and well made , while *most android phones feel like they are made from Chinese plastic you find in knock off toys

to me iOS feels sluggish

SS make the nasty feeling phones (yet another failing) One M8 has an awesome aluminum unibody.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I don't understand how people haven't figured out Apple's marketing yet. Of course they could release a phone with all the features off the bat but why would you when you can offer incremental increases and people will still buy it.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
But yeah , iphone 6 and 6 plus is nothing new to rave about will be sticking with my Jailbroken iPhone5 for abit longer and waiting for samsung to release something decent s5 is a joke and brang nothing really new to the market ether

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Touchwiz is ****. It's the cause of grief for most who use Samsung devices. It's not smooth at all.

But it's NOT the device.

Get rid of Touchwiz and it's smoother than a baby's bum and (Galaxy S4 or S5) easily shits on the iPhone5. My personal choice for replacing Touchwiz is Apex.

how do you replace touchwiz? sorry im no computer expert i hate technology

just watched the video of the new apple watch. im failing to see the point in these, samsung had the same thing. the girl at telstra tried to make me buy it, but i said dafuq is the point when my phones in my pocket anyway?

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
just found this lollll

just saved himself $350

BxHPnIUCYAADsyD.jpg

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Meh, smart watches...analogue style ftw.

3_22_tracy_dick1.jpg

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
But why should you have to hack and modify a device's software to get it running as it should? That seems to be the norm with most Sammy devices.

If I pay $900 for a phone (I buy mine outright) I expect it to work perfectly out of the box.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline

just watched the video of the new apple watch. im failing to see the point in these, samsung had the same thing. the girl at telstra tried to make me buy it, but i said dafuq is the point when my phones in my pocket anyway?

Install a launcher, customise and enjoy.

I use Nova

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.launcher&hl=en

I changed a few things in the Nova Settings to make it how I wanted and off I go.

iChris - I could say the same for the iPh, to me the interface is horrible the stock keyboard sucks etc, you just happen to like the default iPhone look and feel.

Oh and thank the Android world for Swiftkey which will be available for iOS 8 :)

http://swiftkey.com/ios/

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
HTC One M8 with Nova here - smashes pretty much anything in performance - Touchwiz is the devil.

to me iOS feels sluggish

Agree!

Yeah I'd have a HTC One M8 it was available when I got my S4. My S4 will be more than adequate until the new year... By then, all the major players will have their new offerings out for a while and I'll decide what I want to change to.

Just install a new launcher from Google Play. Like I said, I prefer Apex Launcher. Watch a vid of how to do it first if you're not comfortable doing it.