Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thank you Apple!

BushSSV

Stone chip collector
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV
well and truly, discussing the device it's pros and cons is what this should be about.

no no no we can't be sensible - I cooked popcorn and everything. OK pros and cons of the iWatch: Pro - it's a watch. Con - it's a watch.

/thread

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
at the end of the day ITS JUST A PHONE , come on Grennan , your better than that , don't try and goad people into a pointless argument . I'm already bored with it .

Oh so Im not allowed to goad anyone but others can, puuulease.

If people want to make up ridiculous claims like has been thrown around by several people here, Im going to to fire back in a manner that befits the post. Dont for one second pretend that the Apple fans have been the mature gracious unbias market that you and others are trying to put forward.

Both sides here are posting absolute nonsense. The Apple camp was doing it well before Android did and did a much more thorough job of it, now the shoe is on the other foot and the word fanboy is pulled out in record time.

Ive owned both. I buy a product based on my current wants/needs. My current phone is an Android and I laugh hysterically at the fact that the Note (which I currently own and will not go back to a regular sized phone) was once laughed at by many, including those in the Apple camp, now the Plus has arrived, the Phablet is the greatest thing since the digital watch. I have nothing against the product as a whole, but as has been shown in this thread, fanboys from either camp are terrible. You condemn the Android camp but fail to see anything wrong with how the Apple base has acted for the last what? 6 years?

Last edited:

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
I like iPhones.

I like Samsungs too.

I don't like HTC's.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Ive also had both.

iPhone= very good straight out of the box, good for people who don't want to change anything, crap if you want to use it in a way Apple didn't intend, crap if you don't have everything Apple, ie doesn't talk to non Apple stuff easily, also iTunes is the most farked up retarded piece of software I have ever used. Pre latest one, just too small for old farts like me.

Galaxy S5= really like the size, good for viewing pictures, not as good out of the box as the iPhone but can configure. Acting as just a regular USB storage device makes life easy (no iTunes)

Score, gotta say close to 50/50, they both have strong and weak points, but do most things well, bit Ford vs Holden in a lot of ways...

(p.s. i still hate Apple fanbois)

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Nokia FTW!!

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
I am platform agnostic, accept that others love teh apples (stick them Apple stickers on their Dell or their Suzuki) my main beef with Apple products is when you want to do something simple that the product should be able to do but an artificial restriction gets in the way.

It's why I use a droid, for the power user stuff. Some people never need that stuff (well until they do) they should just buy whatever they want.

One of my other pet peeves is people who see Samsung as the first choice when going to Android, it's an embarrassment to call what SS have done to Android.

Nailed it!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Nothing wrong with Apple products, but I refuse to buy anything that has to be sync'd to that P.O.S. spyware suite called ITunes...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
From the same time period Nokia 3310s are much more accurate at medium range and are more deadly.

And just about unkillable as well.....

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Oh so Im not allowed to goad anyone but others can, puuulease.

If people want to make up ridiculous claims like has been thrown around by several people here, Im going to to fire back in a manner that befits the post. Dont for one second pretend that the Apple fans have been the mature gracious unbias market that you and others are trying to put forward.

Both sides here are posting absolute nonsense. The Apple camp was doing it well before Android did and did a much more thorough job of it, now the shoe is on the other foot and the word fanboy is pulled out in record time.

Ive owned both. I buy a product based on my current wants/needs. My current phone is an Android and I laugh hysterically at the fact that the Note (which I currently own and will not go back to a regular sized phone) was once laughed at by many, including those in the Apple camp, now the Plus has arrived, the Phablet is the greatest thing since the digital watch. I have nothing against the product as a whole, but as has been shown in this thread, fanboys from either camp are terrible. You condemn the Android camp but fail to see anything wrong with how the Apple base has acted for the last what? 6 years?

I've owned both as well , and personally for me the iphone just works better , my past android Samsung's , and HTC's were more trouble than they were worth .