Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

.. the Commodore is dead, its official

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R

latest message from Holden about an hour ago
and one we all expected.. eventually

Holden have announced that they will NOT
be involved in passenger vehicles from the end of 2020

ZB Commodore and Astra.. gone, kaput!

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

So no SUVs or dual cab utes either hey ?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Just following in Big Mumma's GM footsteps.

PS.... if Japan was LHD, what hope would we have of getting any new cars from anywhere. Sth Korea is LHD.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Depends where they are made it's looking like so far, is how I'm reading into it. No more GM Opels coming to Australia. Unless the Craptiva is now Opel?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline

latest message from Holden about an hour ago
and one we all expected.. eventually

ZB Commodore and Astra.. gone, kaput!

where was this announced - links plz.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
its all over facebook this is from holden
https://www.facebook.com/notes/hold...lusive-suv-and-ute-line-up/10159252286828452/

Holden announces exclusive SUV and Ute line-up

HOLDEN·TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2019·5 MINUTES
We encourage all of our followers to please read the following press release with care.
Please direct message us with any further questions, our customer care hours are Monday – Friday: 8am – 7pm AEST. Please be conscious that due to a high volume of messages, it may take our team a little longer to respond, but we will endeavour to respond to every direct message.
Holden is today announcing a modified portfolio dedicated exclusively to SUVs and light commercial vehicles.
Holden Interim Chairman and Managing Director, Kristian Aquilina, said the focus of the portfolio was consistent with customer preferences, with the Acadia, Trailblazer, Equinox and Trax rounding out a comprehensive SUV portfolio; and the Colorado tackling rivals in the light commercial vehicle (LCV) segment.
“Holden is taking this decisive action to ensure a sharp focus on the largest and most buoyant market segments.
“So far this year SUVs and Utes have increased to 76 percent of Holden sales, a trend we only see continuing,” he said.
The company has elected to retire the ZB Commodore and the BK Astra in 2020.
At its peak, the large car segment in Australia accounted for 217,882 sales in 1998. This year it is projected to come in at about 8,700 units.
The large passenger car segment declined by over 87 percent between October 2013 and October this year, with private buyers in the segment down by 93 percent in that period.
“The SUV segment is approaching half a million units, and LCVs over 200,000 units. That’s where the action is and that’s where we are going to play,” Mr Aquilina said.
The new Holden boss also paid tribute to the Commodore nameplate and its place in the Australian automotive industry over time.
“The decision to retire the Commodore nameplate has not been taken lightly by those who understand and acknowledge its proud heritage,” he said.
“The large sedan was the cornerstone of Australian and New Zealand roads for decades. But now with more choice than ever before, customers are displaying a strong preference for the high driving position, functionality and versatility of SUVs and Utes.”
Sales and deliveries of Commodore and Astra will continue through 2020, albeit with diminishing model availability as part of an orderly runout.
Existing Commodore and Astra customers can be assured that Holden will continue to back warranty and roadside assistance commitments, with spare parts supply guaranteed well into the future.
In addition, all MY19 ZB Commodores and MY19 BK Astras ordered or delivered from today onwards will be subject to Holden’s market-leading seven-year free scheduled servicing offer.
All arrangements for accessing warranty, servicing and spare parts for Holden’s entire model line-up via the Holden’s national dealer network remain the same.
Holden will be launching the MY20 Equinox in the first quarter of 2020 followed by a significant MY21 upgrade to the highly regarded Colorado to launch in Spring. Holden will also lodge production orders to GM’s Bowling Green factory for the highly anticipated mid-engine right-hand-drive Corvette next year.
Will Holden still honour the warranty on my new Commodore (or Astra)?
Yes, Holden will of course honour the warranty on your new Commodore, and we will ensure the supply of spare parts for it as well. All arrangements for warranty, servicing and spare parts for both ZB Commodore and BK Astra via the Holden’s national dealer network remain the same.
How will I get my Commodore (or Astra) serviced now Holden is closing?
Holden is not closing, and you will still be able to get your Commodore (or Astra) serviced at your local Holden dealer. We are launching updated models next year. Holden is here for the long term.
Does Holden really have a future in Australia without the Commodore?
Holden is much more than any individual nameplate no matter how successful it may have been. With our design and engineering capabilities and long history in this country we are well placed to improve the drive for everyday Australians.
Holden will be launching an MY20 Equinox in the first quarter of 2020 followed by a significant MY21 upgrade to the highly regarded Colorado to launch in Spring. Holden will also lodge production orders to GM’s Bowling Green factory for the much anticipated mid- engine right-hand-drive Corvette next year.
Why have you discontinued the Commodore?
The large passenger car segment declined by over 87% between October 2013 and October this year. That along with unfavourable currency exchange rates means that Commodore is no longer a viable proposition for Holden.
Why have you discontinued the Astra?
The Astra is an excellent vehicle but the Australian car market has changed and it is no longer a volume proposition for us. Significant investment is required now to remain in this segment beyond next year, and we cannot see a future where we compete profitably with a small car out of Europe.
Can I still buy a Commodore (or Astra)?
At the moment, yes, your local Holden dealer will very likely have various Commodore (or Astra) models in stock, and if not, they can order most models from us. Stocks will run out in the coming months.
What does this mean for the future of Holden in Supercar racing?
Holden recently re-committed to racing in Supercars through until the end of 2021, and that will happen with the currently homologated ZB Commodore race car. Racing is a strong part of Holden’s brand identity and we will assess our options as Supercars continues to evolve its rules for the next generation of cars currently due to be introduced in 2022.
If, after reading this information you still have questions, we encourage you to contact us further via direct message.

Last edited:

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
"Racing is a strong part of Holden’s brand identity and we will assess our options as Supercars continues to evolve its rules for the next generation of cars currently due to be introduced in 2022"

This made me laugh... say hello to our new Colorado Supercar!

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
"Racing is a strong part of Holden’s brand identity and we will assess our options as Supercars continues to evolve its rules for the next generation of cars currently due to be introduced in 2022"

This made me laugh... say hello to our new Colorado Supercar!
I was thinking (hoping) corvette?

Happydaze

Happydaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE T30
Wouldn’t want to be a ZB owner.