Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The End of an Era

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Anybody who yearns for the VF's replacement, whatever it was, to have been Australian made, is ignoring facts. Unless the replacement was an SUV or a four door ute, it was destined to fail. Sales figures prove that Australians don't want sedans any more. Full stop. The day of the RWD V8 large sedan are gone. Introduction of the Camaro or Corvette will only see a few thousand sales a year, nothing like what is required to reinvigorate Holden sales numbers to a level that would ensure continuation of the brand. If Holden can't come up with real class leaders in the small, medium and large SUV market sectors, they will continue to struggle until GM pulls the pin. The current range simply doesn't do the job in any of those sectors. Good Colorado sales alone won't save them either.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
While I agree with your sentiments generally, not so much this.....

GM is the culprit here. Unfortunately Holden is merely a pawn in their shenanigans.

"Holden is GM", everything Holden do is based on the GM model of how to do business. Under no circumstances are Holden a separate identity until they get cut loose and become their own identity. Only then will we see how they change their ways.

Anyone that doesn't tow the GM line is out the door. It's GM that has to change how they do business, until then they'll continue to go down the path of self destruction and any brand that they have on their shelf will also follow suite.

Mjrobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vfsv6
I’m super confused. Some articles state that the commodore is no more this time next year ... and also state the my20 update is available to fleet buyers ??? So are we getting a my20 or not ?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ wasn’t it mentioned that no more vehicles will be imported and that only the current stock will be available for sale until sold out?

If so, the more interesting question is what’s really different between the already imported MY20’s and the older MY19’s siting on the lots around the country? Answer: I don’t really care :eek::p

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
The end of an era ... in billions of dollars of taxpayer bailouts to a private company so people could go to work and get taxed so the money can go to a private company so people can go to work and get taxed ... wtf?
Works for the coal industry.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Care factor Zero.

Honestly I've said from day one when it was announced, the imported ZB will have a short life span in this country and I really can't feel for anyone that bought one and will be screaming about the money they've lost and the support for these buckets that just won't be there.

I just can't understand anyone wanting to buy anything new from the GM stable as they continually flip and flop all over the place and the only loser will be any purchaser that buys their rubbish that they produce.

The Asian car market has rapidly overtaken the whole American market in droves, just look at what people are now buying.

The people have voted with their feet and GM is no longer a candidate in the running.

The only thing I have a care factor for is what used to be produced in this country, anything after that................ZIP

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
^ wasn’t it mentioned that no more vehicles will be imported and that only the current stock will be available for sale until sold out?

If so, the more interesting question is what’s really different between the already imported MY20’s and the older MY19’s siting on the lots around the country? Answer: I don’t really care :eek::p
Actually wasn’t it last year that big butts stopped them?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
With the slow sales rate, which will probably worsen now the cat is out of the bag, I wonder when imports of ZB's will cease permanently? If sales only total around 6,000 this year, how many are still sitting in dealers and holding yards at present? I'd bet that sales next year won't break 5,000. Might only be one or two more boatload to arrive before the curtain falls.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Anybody see the Cadillac CT6 V? Looks like a modified/evolved VE to me...

If they couldn't design it, they could steal it.