Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The King is dead. Long live the King! RIP Commodore :-(

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yeah SUV’s are a fashion thing, nothing else.

M

mwb235

I have driven a few different SUV's as work vehicles. I don't like the handling at highway speed on corners, particularly when the road surface is bumpy and/or has bad camber, because of the higher driving position and resulting crappy centre of gravity.

Presumably the vast majority of the inner city cardigan-wearing SUV drivers who never drive on country roads and all drive like grandma, listening to their left-wing ABC Radio, would just say i'm a hoon. I'm not a hoon, i just know how to drive a real car properly, not some "glorified motorised shopping trolley" that are SUV's. These people can stick their SUV's where they stick their suppositories, I'm gonna keep driving a sedan thanks.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
It's funny I'm watching my mother in law struggling to get in her little SUV shitbox, gets in the commodore easy, getting out a bit harder though. I can get it a Heap more shopping in my boot than hers. I just don't get it.
What is her car?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I have driven a few different SUV's as work vehicles. I don't like the handling at highway speed on corners, particularly when the road surface is bumpy and/or has bad camber, because of the higher driving position and resulting crappy centre of gravity.

Presumably the vast majority of the inner city cardigan-wearing SUV drivers who never drive on country roads and all drive like grandma, listening to their left-wing ABC Radio, would just say i'm a hoon. I'm not a hoon, i just know how to drive a real car properly, not some "glorified motorised shopping trolley" that are SUV's. These people can stick their SUV's where they stick their suppositories, I'm gonna keep driving a sedan thanks.
So, what about those who don't live in cities, but drive regular long distances on the open road? We're not all cardigan wearing, geriatric or brain dead. Honestly, some of the **** you sedan drivers spew is bloody infantile. Different vehicles suit different people's needs. I don't subscribe to the excitement of the wide open spaces crap that manufacturers spout to advertise their latest models and some SUV's are about as exciting as a visit to the dentist but the vehicles you blokes love driving now will eventually need replacing and I reckon you're going to be ready to be disappointed with your available options.

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I'm already disappointed and I have no plans on getting rid of mine for a long time.

Same here. I keep thinking which cars can I get rid of, and what can I replace them with ? Simple answer, none and nothing.
Monaro for Mustang ? Nah. o_O
Territory for Acadia ? No way. :eek:
Crewman for a Soot-blower ? :(:(:(:(
Unless I want to go Euro Expensive or Yank Gignormous.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE

nice facebook memes karen

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
SUV = Seriously Useless Vehicle.
I would ban SUV's from our roads or slap a 300% ugly car tax on them if I had the power to do so.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I would ban SUV's from our roads or slap a 300% ugly car tax on them if I had the power to do so.
How intelligent. Of course, a V6 Tonner is the a high point of styling. Who cares what you think?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
They already are taxed with 300% more ugly!!