Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
First: I never actually said you connected terrorists and the Gov.

Let's just start with the most blatant of them all, the Patriot Act including the Australian version, are you going to say they didn't use fear to ram through all sorts of restrictions on people in Australia and the US?

I could name 10 easily.

Second: Yes, absolutely you said that.

I never said that they shouldn't enact laws to deal with situations, I said that governments over blow and exploit the fear to put draconian legislation that far exceeds the needs of what is required to deal with a problem in many situations that has nothing to do with the actual problem at hand or the actual real reason behind these laws being implemented.

Like a state of emergency during a global pandemic that results in lockdowns which ultimately saves lives?

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
q

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I'm Swedish. I have a LOT of family in Sweden. It had nothing to do with fear. So in preventing lockdowns in Sweden, it has resulted in one of the highest infection rates in Western Europe. That worked out for them huh?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
lockdowns save covid lives (sorta not really as nsw lockdown isnt helping so it only works if u catch it before it spreads) but its causing our young teens to loose there mind, last week was the highest ever call rate to the kids help line since it began 40 years ago so no one can say lockdowns are working on all levels, if the kids dont get back to school and see there friends they will be dropping like flies soon they can only handle/understand so much before its too much

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I doubt either NZ or Aussie will achieve 80% vaccination rates because there is enough contrary info floating about to make people sitting on the fence skeptical about it.

I reckon that you’re correct.

However, I suspect that many will change their minds very quickly after AU and NZ openness up as the virus is, and will, still spread via the vaccinated. Based upon gross case-numbers and deaths, a rough estimate, about 1 in 36 of the unvaccinated will die from COVID. So, the unvaccinated pool will soon diminish via natural selection, or they’ll soon get themselves vaccinated!

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
YAWN @ penis fight in this thread.

NSW keeps setting daily records. 365 new cases, 3 deaths. It's what happens when you don't have a proper lockdown. Allowing people to go to work and everyone to wander up to 5 km from their home is NOT a lock down it is a repetition of a bad joke by Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson. Melbourne has repeatedly shown Sydney how to do it. Covid-19 can't move. People move. Stop people moving for 10 days and the virus disappears. Fines and house arrest for wanders. Pepper spray the anti-maskers and tazer the protestors. Self-centered, selfish killers. No one individual's 'freedom' is worth the cost of the lives of multiple other members of their society.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Who said the flu can't be stopped? Last year flu number were almost non existent! People with the flu are only virulent and spread their germs when they are symptomatic (unlike covid). No the flu is preventable, the difference is people don't care about the flu because for most people it is minor and we are happy to turn a blind eye to those who do get more sick and get hospitalized because mostly those people tend to be older and I guess consider them only to be a burden on society.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.