Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The New Commodore VFII is Coming

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Great comparison. After tuning and OTR cat back and HSV headers my S1 6.0 auto made just over 250rwkw. So on par with a stock 340 hsv. And it was a great difference in power from stock. It would be nice to have more. But for a daily work car it's great. So I can see similar mods on the S2 would give maybe 20-30 more

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Great comparison. After tuning and OTR cat back and HSV headers my S1 6.0 auto made just over 250rwkw. So on par with a stock 340 hsv. And it was a great difference in power from stock. It would be nice to have more. But for a daily work car it's great. So I can see similar mods on the S2 would give maybe 20-30 more

I know dyno numbers can't really be compared but aaronm I have a S1 Calais 6.0 auto with a similar setup to yours except I have 1 3/4 4-1 Pacies and 100 CPI Cats and running and tuned for E85. 283 rwkw on a mainline. The E85 makes little diff to the rwkw (only torque low down) so that might give some comparison re extractors and cats. Variability between dynos and what is was when holden ( I have seen stockies vary by 10-15 rwkw) sold it to me notwithstanding

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline

I've got the same power as yours but with stock headers & cats, with 2 1/2" catback SS exhaust, OTR & tune. Very happy with the results for the $

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6

Just remember that holden quotes on a different scheme to HSV on power figures can't remember the details but if the same a 304 holden would be 317 I recon. A 340 HSV would be about 325 in holden money.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
HSV quotes power in Brockowatts, which are not the same unit of measurement as kiloWatts and result in larger numbers than if power figures were quoted in kiloWatts ...

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
HSV quotes power in Brockowatts, which are not the same unit of measurement as kiloWatts and result in larger numbers than if power figures were quoted in kiloWatts ...

WTF is a Brockowatt?

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Commodore SSV Redline 6MT
Hah Hah - Brockowatts - Good one I love it! Lololol

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6

Better than tanderwatts