Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The New Commodore VFII is Coming

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Wash'n'wax if you're lucky ...

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Take delivery tomorrow. Hopefully with W375 and other accessories all sorted. Just a tad excited but hard to let go of the SV6. Spent a lot $ and research time on that vehicle. Shame not to sell it to a good home prior to trade.

Can anybody inform me if dealerships or factory apply any sort of wax to the duco prior to delivery?

Yep, wash and wax like Forg said.

Taking mine back tomorrow to re do as they did such a crappy job on pre delivery. Swirls, scratches and holograms all over it.

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
Don't even take it back. Take it to someone who knows what the f they're doing and send them the bill haha!

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Don't even take it back. Take it to someone who knows what the f they're doing and send them the bill haha!

second that, dont bother with a dealer, get a better finish at a proper paint place

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Too late, dropped it off this morning :D. We'll see how much of a good (or bad) job they do.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
I hear Q4 of this year will see some updates come to VFII. I heard some new wheel design and that SSVR will now come standard on a new set of 20" wheels. I haven't heard if the special edition Bathurst model will come before or after Q4.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I've not really been a fan of the current Redline wheels ... and 2 years makes sense for a run, it wouldn't terribly surprise me if they fit new wheels as a way of differentiating.
Mind you if they fit 20's as standard, I'll bet the RRP goes up by at least the $1500 that the optional HF20's cost.

Too late, dropped it off this morning :D. We'll see how much of a good (or bad) job they do.
If they use a really coarse-grit sandpaper, that'll get rid of any swirls you might have had!

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I hear Q4 of this year will see some updates come to VFII. I heard some new wheel design and that SSVR will now come standard on a new set of 20" wheels. I haven't heard if the special edition Bathurst model will come before or after Q4.

Probably a new colour or 2 aswell

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I've not really been a fan of the current Redline wheels ... and 2 years makes sense for a run, it wouldn't terribly surprise me if they fit new wheels as a way of differentiating.
Mind you if they fit 20's as standard, I'll bet the RRP goes up by at least the $1500 that the optional HF20's cost.

If they use a really coarse-grit sandpaper, that'll get rid of any swirls you might have had!

The US Chevy uses same rims but in silver, think they look better than black(still ugly)

2016 SS Sports Sedan: 4-Door Sports Car | Chevrolet