Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The New Commodore VFII is Coming

Craterface

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 HSV GTS
Just remember that holden quotes on a different scheme to HSV on power figures can't remember the details but if the same a 304 holden would be 317 I recon. A 340 HSV would be about 325 in holden money.

It is not that much of a difference, the 304 kw is 309 kw using HSV's method. The extra 8 kw to get it to 317 kw comes from the HSV headers. 325 kw is a result of 2.5 mid pipe and bi-modal mufflers. 340 kw comes from revised headers and bi modal air intake.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
WTF is a Brockowatt?
It's a unit of measurement that allows the quoted output-power figure of a car to be higher than one would expect, given the performance of said car, than if the output-power was quoted in kiloWatts.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
It's a unit of measurement that allows the quoted output-power figure of a car to be higher than one would expect, given the performance of said car, than if the output-power was quoted in kiloWatts.

Sounds like a VWwatt!!!!

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
HSV quotes power in Brockowatts...

Thou shalt not take the King's name in vain, lest thou incur the wrath cast upon thee by the mighty hand of vengeance sent down to strike the iron roadworthy!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sounds like a VWwatt!!!!
VWwatts use the same unit of measurement as a kilowatt; the main difference is that for each VWWatt generated by a VW, a baby fur-seal is strangled by a discarded cable-tie.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon

A bit like using a polariser then?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
A bit like using a polariser then?
The Brockowatt is the only unit of power measurement known to science that can be enlarged, and yet stay the same size, simultaneously, with application of an energy polariser.
It's lucky not too many polarisers were made & applied, because there's every chance a hole could have been torn in the space-time continuum.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
The Brockowatt is the only unit of power measurement known to science that can be enlarged, and yet stay the same size, simultaneously, with application of an energy polariser.
It's lucky not too many polarisers were made & applied, because there's every chance a hole could have been torn in the space-time continuum.

Think HSV have been studying the Schrodinger's Cat Theorem.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Take delivery tomorrow. Hopefully with W375 and other accessories all sorted. Just a tad excited but hard to let go of the SV6. Spent a lot $ and research time on that vehicle. Shame not to sell it to a good home prior to trade.

Can anybody inform me if dealerships or factory apply any sort of wax to the duco prior to delivery?

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Take delivery tomorrow. Hopefully with W375 and other accessories all sorted. Just a tad excited but hard to let go of the SV6. Spent a lot $ and research time on that vehicle. Shame not to sell it to a good home prior to trade.
Can anybody inform me if dealerships or factory apply any sort of wax to the duco prior to delivery?

Nice one mate, how exciting. What did you get for your SV6? I'm trading in my MY12 SV6 when I get my Redline.