Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Each to their own it may not sound good to me but if you like it go for it, like the body mods though!:beer chug:

83mic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
VE SV6 Exhaust Mod

Has anyone changed there standard SV6 exhaust with a 3" or 2.5" X-force system?
Has there been any satisfaction with these mods?

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
Have a look on youtube there are heaps of videos of SV6's with Xforce systems.

83mic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
Yeah already have, the 3" sounds more decent then the 2.5" but just want to see if anyone has had any troubles with a 3" system.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Generally 2.5inch or bigger is no good for a V6.
Xforce make a 2.25inch system for the SV6.
I'm currently looking at getting one

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
2.25" Sound really good, i have one on my SV6 SII and it sounds really crisp, not droney and tinny, really sharp and crisp you wont be disappointed with 2.25 unless your going for a rediculous volume

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
2.25" Sound really good, i have one on my SV6 SII and it sounds really crisp, not droney and tinny, really sharp and crisp you wont be disappointed with 2.25 unless your going for a rediculous volume

Is yours manual or auto?

83mic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
It is a manual.

Is there any reason in particular why sizes larger than 2.5" is no good for the V6, i am guessing it affects the fuel economy and decreases power??? Just wanted to confirm this.

Did any of you still use the rear resonators from the x-force system or exchange them with a straight through section at the back?

Darks

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6
Cause N/a cars with anything over 2.25 experience back pressure (or the like) that decreaes performance.

Turbo cars gain performance from 2.5" and above from the turbo back.

: )
It is a manual.

Is there any reason in particular why sizes larger than 2.5" is no good for the V6, i am guessing it affects the fuel economy and decreases power??? Just wanted to confirm this.

Did any of you still use the rear resonators from the x-force system or exchange them with a straight through section at the back?

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
my car is a manual

well from what i have felt driving the car, i have noticed an increase in torque (not rediculous gain) but a slight pull better up hills etc. i would say its there.

i was told that there would be a slight gain with 2.25" and anything over there would be a decrease so thats also a reason i went with the 2.25 and basically that i knew it would sound better after my experience with larger exhausts on smaller capacity motors.

Last edited: