Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
theyll give you about as much satisfaction as watching the royal wedding...

Thunder chris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 series 2 thunder ute
Standard ve sv6 exhaust

Anyone want the sv6 exhaust? I got a new one done on my ute.. If ur interested please let me know
Cheers

trent142

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 black sv6 ute
Vibrating exhaust?!

I have recently just installed a xforce 2 1/4 inch catback mild steel on my sv6 ute and i can feel vibrating at about 2500rpm on deacceleration. Does anyone know what this is has it got to do with not enough carbon build up or just because its xforce? lol
Thanks.

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
I would not think it has anything to do with carbon build up or lack of it , nor has it a lot to do with the fact that's it's an X-force either.

What i do think could be causing this is where the Tail shaft protector plate is located it has a very small tolerence between it and the muffler, so it could be touching there, and causing the vibs you are feeling.

That could be it, but i am not 100% certain.

Cheers.

trent142

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 black sv6 ute
No worries i will put it up on the hoist and have a second look thanks!

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
i have a 2.25 on my sv6 (sedan) and i dont have it............ better get it checked out quickly at the place who fitted it must be just slightly rubbing something.....

MPRSSV

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Exec (Police pack) & 05 CV8Z Monaro
I would not think it has anything to do with carbon build up or lack of it , nor has it a lot to do with the fact that's it's an X-force either.

What i do think could be causing this is where the Tail shaft protector plate is located it has a very small tolerence between it and the muffler, so it could be touching there, and causing the vibs you are feeling.

That could be it, but i am not 100% certain.

Cheers.

I had exactly the same problem with my SS... There is a good chance it is the metioned plate - try putting some spacers between the bolts to give it a bigger gap...

I did this but still had the issue... It ended up being further forward, there are two joins (only a short distance from the cats) on the exhaust piping and with the dual piping they sit very close together and therefore when they heat up and expand they rub on eachother which causes that vibration / rattle ... If you have these welded together it fixes it

The exhaust place I went to said that VE systems usually come welded together like that because of this problem

Oh and my system was also an X-Force system ;)

Let me know how you go,

Cheers
Chris