Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

JooziVEute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
i had a look at the options on the x force website. and just was looking at another post of somebody really not happy with the drone in theres. another person said his VCM was pretty much amazing do u know much about them?? i just wana get it right the first time. how much was the x force if u dont mind me asking?

Ash84

VE Clubsport
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ClubSport
X-Force are a pretty popular brand for exhausts on VE's, but i have heard that they cause a lot of cabin drone, whilst others have been happy with the result

I just put 1 3/4" Extracotrs with a full Xforce 3" System and no drone at all :)
But with saying that mines a V8 my mate has a VY Storm and hes got a 2.5" system and that sounds awesome..

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
i had a look at the options on the x force website. and just was looking at another post of somebody really not happy with the drone in theres. another person said his VCM was pretty much amazing do u know much about them?? i just wana get it right the first time. how much was the x force if u dont mind me asking?

You'll be right with a Ute mate. They drone with Sedans and Wagons.

I spent $790 on a fitted Mild Steel 2.25" Xforce. You should easily be able to get it for that, if not cheaper.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
I just put 1 3/4" Extracotrs with a full Xforce 3" System and no drone at all :)
But with saying that mines a V8 my mate has a VY Storm and hes got a 2.5" system and that sounds awesome..

I just put the 3" Catback on mine. Sounds awesome. How much did the whole system set you back mate?

JooziVEute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute

I spent $790 on a fitted Mild Steel 2.25" Xforce. You should easily be able to get it for that, if not cheaper.

oh thats not bad i rang the distributor in melbourne he quotted me. 900 fitted and just over 800 not fitted. i also spoke to a local guy and he quoted 1300 but dont think he had any idea he thought it was a ve xr6 haha. was yours from a distributor?

JooziVEute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute

oh thats not bad i rang the distributor in melbourne he quotted me. 900 fitted and just over 800 not fitted. i also spoke to a local guy and he quoted 1300 but dont think he had any idea he thought it was a ve xr6 haha. was yours from a distributor?

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Just got mine from a local exhaust shop in brissy mate.

Well i just bought a 3" Xforce for my SS so to put your prices in perspective i got quoted:

Mild Steel 3" Catback $720
Stainless 3" Catback $1350
$120 extra to fit.

I went the Stainless. Love it ;)
I got this one from a different shop though cos i wasn't happy with the last places services.

Im a pretty keen bargainer though mate, none of the other boys were able to get quoted those prices.
So unless there is a massive price difference between states, then there is something to work towards lol.

If they are charging under $100 to fit it then that is pretty good.

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
Video of 2.25 catback Xforce exhaust....

Ok so i wasnt happy with it when i first got it, three or so weeks later, let it build up a bit of carbon....
still NOT happy with it. what do you all think and please be honest,
i have heard.
"sounds like a posty bike"
"sounds like you have a hole in your muffler"
"when did you get a WRX i thought you got a VE"
"sounds a bit funny"
add to the list if you must haha, but seriously tell me what you think.

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
sounds like a v6 to be honest dude, not sure what kind of sound you were chasing. at least it has a bit of burble on the down rev.