Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

croat_soldier

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan Police Pack
VE Omega Exhaust upgrade

Hi, ive heard that VE twin tips would fit. However i would like to go with the quads. I know i need the twin pipes and obviously two mufflers (at that note should i go stock SSV mufflers or redbacks?) My main lack of knowledge is before the pipes- surely theres a difference from having one pipe to having two. What do i need to make it work? Thanks for any help :)

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
as said befor mate they differ from the center muffler back so a used ss system of e-bay and a new lower bumper of a sidi car and it will bolt on

croat_soldier

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan Police Pack
so this should fit on my ve omega? was thinking it might be a different fit before the center muffler?
Holden Commodore VE sedan twin exhaust system New Melb (eBay item 160507930452 end time 18-Dec-10 08:38:05 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

if thats ok then im planning to just change the diffuser...i like things custom if you havnt noticed by my pics
DIFFUSER VE SS SSV SV6 & OMEGA GXP HSV STYLE SED & WAG (eBay item 170474796205 end time 15-Dec-10 06:45:17 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

thanks for your help guys ;)

Dex87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II
VE SV6 Series 2 exhaust changed?

Just brought the new car and now have found out that the sv6 exhaust has changed.
Has anyone got one of these yet for the new sv6?
Im holding off on buying one now as the series 1 wont fit the series 2 exhaust.

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
pretty sure it is the same bud,

i have a series 2. the only difference between the series 1 and the series 2 would be if its a series 1 Non SIDI it may have different positions for the oxygen sensors, but im not sure,

I am confident everything else will be the same, hanging points and mufflers.. etc

scoooooty

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve V
Omega exhaust tips

I have been saving for a long time and finaly got myself a nice looking 2006 Ve V commodore :D

I am wanting to get a chrome exhaust tip put on and I found a twin exhaust tip that I think would look very nice, but after getting the size I found that it wont fit in the existing hole on the omega lower bar.

I was wondering if there is a cheap way of maybe getting it cut so I can fit this in? And what sort of place I would go to and get this done?

I would love a full custom exhaust but I dont have the money unfortunately, So I thought this may be a cheap way to help improve the look of my car.

Any help would be great!

Link to the exhaust tip im looking at: 2.5" TWIN OUTLET ROLLED END CHROME EXHAUST TIP (eBay item 160511251635 end time 26-Dec-10 10:11:11 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
How comfortable are you using a jigsaw?
Another option is to go to the wreckers and pick up a new rear bar.
Either way a lot of stuffing about, just to have a twin tip on the muffler.... you dead set keen to have it done?

scoooooty

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve V
Was more hoping for a place I could go to that would cut it for me. I have seen other omegas with double exhausts so thought there must be some way of doing it.

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Was more hoping for a place I could go to that would cut it for me. I have seen other omegas with double exhausts so thought there must be some way of doing it.

Yes mate there is a way to do it but it is so simple they don't really have places for it because most people do it themselves. Just grab the exhaust tip see how much bigger you have to make the hole in the bumper use a coping saw or something else then sand to a smooth finish and put the new tip on.

Hope that helps
B-roca