Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The SC14 Supercharger Thread

rubaduckee

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
i use acl race series head gaskets.

why do you need new head gaskets, was it detonating/pinging?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
acl race series specifically say on them "NOT FOR BOOSTED APPLICATIONS" if its getting serious boost MLS is the way to go

rubaduckee

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
never had any probs with mine, just rebuilt the entire engine and we were able to use the same pistons again with new rings, and I have boosted mine quite a bit.

My guess is they put that on there, so people cant claim if there is a problem, when I spke to em on the phone they told me they should but just dont offer guarantee.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
i have been threw alot of head gaskets and FelPro seem to be pretty good, dont go cheap on the head gaskets, i dont know about the ACL race ones but the normal ACL ones are crap.

Coatesy666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 5L CALAIS
hey guys im selling my supercharger kit of my vn and im wondering what they are worth so i have a idea wat price to put on it can anyone please help ?

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
hey sorry but im sorta new to the supercharging thing, ive been around turbo's all my life

couple of questions
do you need to decompress your head to run anything above 3psi? like are the vt superchargers you buy factory have decompressed heads or what?
how would i go putting this on with twin throttle bodys? i was reading above about 2 superchargers, i understand i could run 2 superchargers with twin throttles but can you run 1 supercharger with twin throttles and still have the gains of twin throttles or how does this work?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
hey sorry but im sorta new to the supercharging thing, ive been around turbo's all my life

couple of questions
do you need to decompress your head to run anything above 3psi? like are the vt superchargers you buy factory have decompressed heads or what?
how would i go putting this on with twin throttle bodys? i was reading above about 2 superchargers, i understand i could run 2 superchargers with twin throttles but can you run 1 supercharger with twin throttles and still have the gains of twin throttles or how does this work?

nahhh, people have run 20psi+ into a otherwise stock VR buick engine. it's all in the fuel system and tune. you can run a single supercharger into a twin TB setup. i wouldn't bother with 2 SC14 chargers. they are really to small and in-efficient for a 3.8ltr v6

chrrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Brolina 3.8 Turbo
No Quite the opposite, they create a awful amount of heat for the power they put out. Not to mention the strain they put on the harmonic balancer/crank. If your running any more than factory boost you really want to intercool them, that's if you want your motor to last ofcourse.