Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The SC14 Supercharger Thread

rubaduckee

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
No Quite the opposite, they create a awful amount of heat for the power they put out. Not to mention the strain they put on the harmonic balancer/crank. If your running any more than factory boost you really want to intercool them, that's if you want your motor to last ofcourse.

if you were to run 2, you would definately need to intercool, but it wouldnt be as nessecary to run smaller pulley's if there are 2.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
I bought a Twin supercharger setup, the guy who had it on his car went threw 4 engines and got sick of it and sold the kit, i dont run 2 i think its pointless and will take up to much room under the engine bay, intercooling is a must but you might aswell stick with one and intercool it and up the boost easyer and cheaper.

chrrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Brolina 3.8 Turbo
if you were to run 2, you would definately need to intercool, but it wouldnt be as nessecary to run smaller pulley's if there are 2.

Yes it would, 2 sc14's with the stock pulley is still going to run less than half the boost of a aftermarket pulley on 1, not to mention the added power loss you will receive from running 2 off your motor. Plus the noise, heat, room blah blah blah, I'ts just stupid.

rubaduckee

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
I bought a Twin supercharger setup, the guy who had it on his car went threw 4 engines and got sick of it and sold the kit, i dont run 2 i think its pointless and will take up to much room under the engine bay, intercooling is a must but you might aswell stick with one and intercool it and up the boost easyer and cheaper.

I think the question should be, why he went thru so many engines, I would say detonation was obiously an isssue, meaning he did not have th fuel setup corectly or tuned, and prob not intercooled either.

this is what my train of thought is: 1 sc14 blower=1.4litres per revolution, 2 sc14 blowers=2.8litres per revolution, thats far more than the eaton 112,122, 2300, and nearly all whipples, even if it does use more power to run (and it will) the benefits far outweigh the cost in power, so long as it is intercooled and setup corectly ie fuel and tune.

I just wanna see someone do it, I bet people would do it but rather wait for someone else to try it 1st.

chrrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Brolina 3.8 Turbo
Or, for a fraction of the price, and effort. You could just ya know....buy a smaller pulley? That way you'll get more power than 2, with less noise, heat, piping, and cost.

rubaduckee

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
well if setup correctly, you can run smaller pulleys on 2 as well and make a sh$& load more boost, if intercooled heat is no longer an issue, there would not be much more piping between 1 or 2 blowers, obiously I agree it will cost more tho, as ther would need to be quite abit of moving and customising to get the 2nd blower in.

but still the idea does sound tuff

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
well how much for a bolt on kit roughly, i dont care if its second hand? what about coatesy 666, how much are you looking at?

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
A CRS sc14 kit go anywhere from $800 to $1500 depend on whats in the kit, If you get a 5Psi pulley no intercooler bluetops and a tune your looking at around 150rwkw mark, i make 154rwkw on 4.8psi unintercooled, greenfoam has a tune for a 5psi setup and its pretty good.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Or, for a fraction of the price, and effort. You could just ya know....buy a smaller pulley? That way you'll get more power than 2, with less noise, heat, piping, and cost.

Please explain how 2 blowers on stock boost would make more heat than an over driven blower.