Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things That Leave you Gobsmacked (In A Good Way)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The Victa had the engine rebuilt around six years ago. It had a buggard crank seal and carbi needed a new diaphragm IIRC. Could be due for a plug. Might book it in at some stage. I'd love to sort out the pull starter but parts are NLA so I might be a matter of making do or trying to make one ok one from the two or three I have.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Can't believe that my granddaughter will be one year old next month . Seems like she was born only a few months ago.

You sound like that wonderful doating grand dad that doesn't need any excuse to spoil her rotten...

Enjoy it mate, as they grow up real quick....(Coming from someone that has 10 grand kids :) )

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
You sound like that wonderful doating grand dad that doesn't need any excuse to spoil her rotten...

Enjoy it mate, as they grow up real quick....(Coming from someone that has 10 grand kids :) )
10 grandkids wow we were struggling to get 1 ha ha

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Spotted two unicorns in one trip today.

A White Cross6 Tonner (if that’s what they were). Owned by someone who took some pride in what they have.
AWD VZ I think it said on the plate. Really nice car. Sat higher than most of the SUV’s.

Then a HQ Monaro on a trailer on its way somewhere as a project. Was multicoloured.

Was really stoked to see them.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Had a lazy day yesterday and watched all the Bathurst 6 Hour race on TV. Enthralling.
It brought back memories of the 'olde' Hardie-Ferodo 1000 races ............ different classes, fast cars, slow cars, old cars, passing maneuvers, crashes, smoky engines, tyre failures, pit stops with a manually operated jack and rattled gunned wheel nuts, and a genuine close 1,2,3 finish.
About 12 safety car stints which did not really interfere with the race result, unlike the effect it has in Supercars.

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
Took my kids to a mates block over the weekend. I have a car, 250cc chinese buggy and a petrol air compressor there, all have been sitting unused for a year.

Put fresh fuel and battery in the buggy, little bit of aerostart and air the tyres up and off it went. Hooked up the battery in the car and off it went, not even a flat tyre. And the compressor needed some fuel and it ran too.

Considering none are undercover at all and they took very little to get going i was very happy. Even the kids bikes didn't give me any dramas.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Took my kids to a mates block over the weekend. I have a car, 250cc chinese buggy and a petrol air compressor there, all have been sitting unused for a year.

Put fresh fuel and battery in the buggy, little bit of aerostart and air the tyres up and off it went. Hooked up the battery in the car and off it went, not even a flat tyre. And the compressor needed some fuel and it ran too.

Considering none are undercover at all and they took very little to get going i was very happy. Even the kids bikes didn't give me any dramas.
That’s great mate. Glad the kids bikes didn’t give you any hassles. Looks like you had lots of fun
IMG_6305.jpeg

Did they get to ride them as wel?

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
My missies , cousins birthday this weekend ,he did say some time ago = Hawaiian.
I have no colourful shirts !!
Yesterday , said want to get Hawaiian( colourful shirt)= ( yeah late but !!!! ).
Missies goes WTF = your nuts. = they,re ****!!!
Yesterday , got 1 .
Missius goes , I like , ( you can where that anywhere including overseas ).
Am I fxxked= look like a yankee tourist!!!!
Should be a great night though!!!!