Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thinking of getting a VF Calais, questions first

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Much differences between MY13 and MY15 models?

Not that I know however you would want to go more for a MY15 than a MY13 noting the recall or production issues that were mentioned above.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline

If the MY15 is a seriesII, it will have the exit feature on the drivers seat where it retracts the seat, making it easier to get out, different wheels and I think it looses the CD player and may get the electro chromatic rear view mirror (you should check these last two as I'm not sure)

Just checked the brochure, no mention of CD player and it gets the fancy mirror. I tried to load brochure but can't see how to attach a PDF.

Last edited:

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
There is no MY13 Commodore.

MY14 and MY15 = S1 (ELxxxxxx and FLxxxxxx the last 8 of VINs respectively).

MY16 and MY17 = S2 (GLxxxxxx and HLxxxxxx).

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
If the MY15 is a seriesII, it will have the exit feature on the drivers seat where it retracts the seat, making it easier to get out, different wheels and I think it looses the CD player and may get the electro chromatic rear view mirror (you should check these last two as I'm not sure)

Just checked the brochure, no mention of CD player and it gets the fancy mirror. I tried to load brochure but can't see how to attach a PDF.
Only the final MY17 got the electrochromatic mirror.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
I think unless the lack of CD player in series II is a problem, then go for the latest you can within your budget. Calais V would be great car, but if you don't particularly want 19" wheels then maybe the base car is fine. As has already been said, service history is a must, check closely for services on schedule or better than scheduled intervals.

Blueglow

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
Thanks heaps for the info guys

There's a serious price difference between series II and I so I was aiming for a series I Calais V, since what I can gather the little extra cost from a standard calais to a V seems to be worth it.
I'm not too fussed on the 19 inch alloys, I'd be looking at swapping them for a SSV redline.

Also what tyres would you guys recommend?

I'm geelong based so mainly around town but occasional rural and those roads out there arent in best shape

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Thanks heaps for the info guys

There's a serious price difference between series II and I so I was aiming for a series I Calais V, since what I can gather the little extra cost from a standard calais to a V seems to be worth it.
I'm not too fussed on the 19 inch alloys, I'd be looking at swapping them for a SSV redline.

Also what tyres would you guys recommend?

I'm geelong based so mainly around town but occasional rural and those roads out there arent in best shape
Michelin PS4S's. They're more expensive. But hands down, the best tyre I've owned.

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY23 Tesla Model 3 RWD, MY23 Tesla Model Y RWD
There is no MY13 in VF. VF started production in May 2013 as MY14 which ran through to Oct(?) 2014 when MY15 started. Bugger all difference in specification AFAIR.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I no expert on model differences but if I recall correctly, hasn’t it been stated in the forum that the later series 2 cars got thinner panels and thinner paint to go with it?

On that fact alone, I’d think the earlier cars would hold up better to the expected car park dooring.

Curious what date such cheapening started?

Blueglow

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman
My bad I meant to say MY14 but if theres no real differences thats the main concern