Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Third Manufacturer for V8 Supercars

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Bah, your no fun. If I wanted to see a rice rocket get thrashed by a commodore a dozen times a year I'd head to the local dragstrip.

In other news, its good to see the results from the top 10 shootout are in, and the front 2 rows are the Generals Men. :D

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Mitsi would probably be a serious contender to raise their profile and pull them out of the pooh.

I would prefer it to remain a Holden/Ford battle though.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Bring back the skyline:p
There were rumours floating around that the R35, or v35 skyline was going to be an 8.. But I think thats long dismissed.

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
bextor84 said:
Bring back the skyline:p
There were rumours floating around that the R35, or v35 skyline was going to be an 8.. But I think thats long dismissed.

Yeah i heard that as well - and it was going to be a diesel V8 ;)

I think it will be Toyota as well :cry:

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
hmmm, open to public opinion

the supercar rules state that any model runnining in the v8 super car has to be a australian made car, that throw's it open to either toyota, or misubishi. nissan isnt a aussie made car.

it wont happen till year 2007. son dont panic, it might not even happen you just never know.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Garth said:
the supercar rules state that any model runnining in the v8 super car has to be a australian made car, that throw's it open to either toyota, or misubishi. nissan isnt a aussie made car.

it wont happen till year 2007. son dont panic, it might not even happen you just never know.

I like V8 super car racing the way it is now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Brilliant race today.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I agree. If they add another manufacturer they'll stuff it up.

dellarb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SII CV8 Monaro
Hrmm i spose it would mean the ford fans can say that they at least beat someone. Im pretty sure another requirement is that the car must be rear wheel drive (not that i can imagine a big v8 in east/west but ive seen north/south front wheel drives before) so that rules out a quick convert of a camry or watever. I personally wouldnt mind another manufaturer provided it doesnt mean changing the format of anything as it is now. It would add a bit of difference to the competition. I doubt many teams would change anyway only those real short on cash who mite get helped out by toyota/mitsubishi.

A few people talk as if its like an active decision made. I think its more like if toyota or mitsubishi puts up a elligible (ie Aussie made V8 RWD that meets engine requirements <=5000cc 2 valve and all that) car then AVESCO kinda has to approve it or change the regulations. Like Garth said though the cars for the 2005 season have already been approved and its gonna take a fair while to get a avalon or magna converted to v8 rwd and competitive.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
don't they all use the same engine anyway?

holden was a 5.7l engine in road cars, but the supercar is a 5.0l one.

i know they just use control bits off other makes, eg. apparently they all use mitsubishi suspension parts

deeranp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon
jules said:
i know they just use control bits off other makes, eg. apparently they all use mitsubishi suspension parts

Not sure about Mitsubishi suspension bits, but the Holden teams use Ford 9" diffs.... *shock horror*