Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

THROTTLE BODY Upgrade

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
@losh1971, If you don’t take the bell mouth out, I’m going to internet slap you.

One of the better things I did to my VP. Takes minutes to remove or put back.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
First stage of internet madness? Or Donald Trump joined forum using new alias? :eek:

Replying to post that started 2005 or quoting/replying oneself repeatedly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX commodore
My ute doesn't set you back in the seat, even at WOT and I have 124rwkw, where stock is about 92-94kw. I even have 3200 stall convertor, 3.45s and could probably still be beat by a late model Hyundai in a 50m drag.
What? In te VP it had a shift kit. No stallie. Just what I mentioned. I did every part one by one! I had a run with a VN with a chip in ECU from torque chip. Guy lowered it. Etc my VP wagon had a ton of tools. Enough for 3 guys. We had a quick run and I got half a car length in front!

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
What year is it!?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
1870..the year of the penny farthing!!!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
My ute doesn't set you back in the seat, even at WOT and I have 124rwkw, where stock is about 92-94kw. I even have 3200 stall convertor, 3.45s and could probably still be beat by a late model Hyundai in a 50m drag.
Neither does my VR ute. I think the bloke who claims his V6 VP sets him back in the seat must have a different idea of what we believe is getting pushed into your seat. I have felt the push of a worked 340 with a 4 barrel, now that thing had some take off, would you agree Losh?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The bellmouth was put on by holden because people complaining about VN being to jumpy. That s why. I removed it and instantly more responsive! Even before the 65mm TB!
Hey mate, removed my bell mouth a it made next to no difference. It may make a difference at WOT 5k, as I do have a slight restriction but honestly I think your dreaming if you think it adds HP by taking it out.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Doesn’t change horsepower at all. Changes airflow inside the plenum and throttle response/feel. That was done to smooth out things in the VP as some did not like the way the VN spun the wheels with rapid acceleration. It apparently got the air more even in there. I preferred it gone for the more spirited feel.