Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tools

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Having trouble finding them on Trade Tools site. They might be something they don't carry.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
The new foot pedal for the TIG welder arrived today.

2023-12-11 22.57.19.jpg

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Wanted one of these for a while and finally treated myself to one with the boxing day sales today.
9cHl6J1.jpg

Also grabbed these 1/2" hext sockets as I needed to remove an 11mm hex bung in an oil block and of course I had no 11mm's in the 40 odd bloody allen keys I have here.
MyEMsnx.jpg

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Wanted one of these for a while and finally treated myself to one with the boxing day sales today.
9cHl6J1.jpg

Also grabbed these 1/2" hext sockets as I needed to remove an 11mm hex bung in an oil block and of course I had no 11mm's in the 40 odd bloody allen keys I have here.
MyEMsnx.jpg
Hopefully the keys don't come loose and fall down the inlet manifold like some 3/8 ones I've got:/

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Pretty much settled on the Welding Helmet we're going to end up getting.
Lincoln 3350

Had a look and feel of a few and it seemed the simplest (plus a mate has and recommended the Viking anyway)

Had a chat with him too about the Welder and setting it up.
Going to have a fair cost to get it all set up for Tig stuff (Bottle, Helmet, Consumables etc) in 1 big hit, so going to extend it over a few months.
But going to get it ready to go with the Stick welding set up just to get started and using it.
Just need the Helmet to go that, so Helmet is going to be the first purchase.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hopefully the keys don't come loose and fall down the inlet manifold like some 3/8 ones I've got:/

I've got the older 3/8" model. Got to wonder how we got on without these tools. My old tired wrists certainly appreciate it.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Personally i use ToolPro from SCA.
Had a good tool set which was stolen many years ago so i figured i would buy cheaper stuff to replace bits as i need them. now i have quite a collection of bits n pieces. Surprisingly enough i have not broken any spanners or sockets as yet.

My fav tool atm would be the ToolPRO Bolt Extractor Socket Set, got me out of a few jams of late.
SCA_342010_hi-res.jpg

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Lincoln 3350 now in possession.
Feels comfy, and looking into it all seems to be one alot pick before going to full on PAPR style or if they are in the trade and have other preferences.

Going to ask the mate tonight about the cups and those things that are needed.
Already been told 2.4mm purple Tungstens.

And now wondering if I do just fork out a few extra dollars and go the biggest bottle of argon or still keep to the 1 size down.... short term pain for longer term cost savings....

Getting there.....
Well atleast I can go to the mates shed and use his stuff with my own helmet now.