Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Torana may be on its way back

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
you think if the new torana does make it out of someone's dreams and onto the production floor it will end up like the monaro? over priced, and doesnt last more than 4 years of production?

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
It's got potential.

Cheap M1 Fighter.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
The TT36 was a concept to gauge public reaction to VE design themes. It was never intended or likely to go into production. As for the car I posted in the original article - I can't see it happening any time soon. I think it would be an outside chance at best for late this decade.

Reaper

I took some great pix of the TT36 at the Melbourne Motor Show it was displayed at. I have to say, I wish it had come out as a Torana, it looked great. Apart from the excessively white interior. And it was good to see it was a hatch too. That car actually looks like a Torana, worthy of a classic name.

I dont mind the look of the OP car personally. I doubt you will see it though.. I think the future holds the demise of the Commodore altogether, and except maybe for a long wheelbase luxo statesman type model (probably just revamped from the existing), I think we are going to lose RWD too. I dont think any new car is going to be worthy of a Torana nameplate and I dont think Holden would risk trying.

Prepare yourself for an Oz version of the Malibu, with a completely new model name and front wheel drive..

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
I dont mind the look of the OP car personally. I doubt you will see it though.. I think the future holds the demise of the Commodore altogether, and except maybe for a long wheelbase luxo statesman type model (probably just revamped from the existing), I think we are going to lose RWD too.

Stato's are already dead, so there is no existing lol.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
looks about 95% the same as the current model, I think if they make us wait 7-10 years for a new model + could be the last of it's kind...we deserve something really special.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
They will just slap stickers on a cruise or something and call it a torri! They slapped slr/5000 on a vr/vs years ago so I bet they will do a similar thing.. I will pass on that thanks

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Pretty sure the commodore slr 5000s were a dealer pack. Not Holdens fault lol and yeah ok there isnt a stato anymore.. they would probably keep the calais or something i guess... or import some crappy cadillac thing.

Last edited:

tonza

Beers & Blastbeats
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VX Exec S2
Please release a RWD V8 little mean machine, but for the love of christ, DO NOT call it a Torana.
Whatever they bring out design wise will never be worthy of that name

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
The wheels magazine is in the business of selling car magazines. It is not the first time that either they or motor have invented a car so they can sell more copies. Remember the new gtr. How many people would have bought a copy because they thought there was going to be a new Torana.

haha, wheels magazine=****