Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

truck driving jobs

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
@ jatsvl - Hope you informed council. Hope you pay for it too, cowboy.

NO! and NO WAY!
I made the hole visible for all other drivers and the council, now they know where it is they can fix it at their own expense.

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
so how was your truck driving job today? mine was as follows.

Photo0007-Copy.jpg

I found this manhole even though it was completely covered in dirt and gravel. 1 blown tyre cross member stopped it going in any further.

My friday was like this:
Image0014.jpg

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
as we know I now have only 4mths exp, my lob is going well, Ihad a blow out rear inner tyre a couple of weeks ago, 85kms/hr middle of no where, it can only be described as a bomb blast, unbeliveable amount of damage e.g. rear gaurd, taillights, number plate, my broom, my chute scraper in a million pieces all of the road all rear wiring for the taillights and mixer control blown apart. after clearing the road and zip tying my numberplate back on I was able to travel the remaining 10kms to the job, had to operate the mixer from inside the cab, by then support had arrived with a new tyre and I did the change but couldn't get the old tyre tread out from the inner hub it was wrapped up tight, so drove the 50ks back to the plant with the support vehicle behind me, with it dragging under the truck, arrived back without incident.

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
if someone can help with a little info PLEASE, maybe one of the more experianced drivers here like DAZ60L.

ok, so I have made a pretty good immpression at work with the bosses and other drivers, I have been driving other trucks there when mine is out of service,
hino 500 series, isuzu's, mitsubishi (shocker) and of course the inter acco,

they have a hino 700 series 8X4 16 spd syncro with double H pattern and splitter,
how do you operate the gearbox in this thing?
I may get the chance to drive it, I may not too, But I would like a little know how if the oportunity arises.
so if you can help please do. thanks in advance.

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
is it a fuller eaton road ranger 16spd? if so, no diferent than the 8 spd in the acco mate just more gears in teh pattern

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
is it a fuller eaton road ranger 16spd? if so, no diferent than the 8 spd in the acco mate just more gears in teh pattern

no mate, I wish, it is a ZF 16spd double HH pattern with a splitter full syncromesh.
double H as in 8 gear positions then split for another 8 gear positions,
I think the truck is a 2007/8 model euro 4, imported from ireland.

I8.A4.RE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1 - LANCER MY10 - VE UTE
Yeah cowboy.... Lol another troll this forum is getting bad.

Another bad driver?

Not only did he recklessly destroy the Telstra pit lid, he failed to inform Telstra and posed a severe risk to pedestrians and other motorist.
I guess if you or a family member were walking, put your leg down the hole and broke it, you'd be ok with it?

Pffft.

I8.A4.RE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1 - LANCER MY10 - VE UTE
if someone can help with a little info PLEASE, maybe one of the more experianced drivers here like DAZ60L.

ok, so I have made a pretty good immpression at work with the bosses and other drivers, I have been driving other trucks there when mine is out of service,
hino 500 series, isuzu's, mitsubishi (shocker) and of course the inter acco,

they have a hino 700 series 8X4 16 spd syncro with double H pattern and splitter,
how do you operate the gearbox in this thing?
I may get the chance to drive it, I may not too, But I would like a little know how if the oportunity arises.
so if you can help please do. thanks in advance.

Why not ask the driver of the truck at your depot? Perhaps you should just ask to drive it to familiarise yourself with it rather than waiting for an opportunity.
They're pretty basic. You get to know which gears to use and what gears aren't really needed when laden or un-laden