Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

urgent car died after installing rockers

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
Had exactly same problem with my rockers when i installed them. The pedestals they came with were hitting against the push rods, preventing push rod moving correctly. After some shaving of the metal, all good now. When u get your new pedestals check them against ur orginals to make sure they are cut back around the push rod holes, as the higgher ratio of the push rods means they are at more of an angle into the pedestals. When you install them again make sure the pushrods have clearance around the pedestals and push rod holes.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
good news! steve from mace had a look at my rockers to make sure theres nothing wrong..It turns out that my pedestals arnt the right ones, so that will be keeping my valves open or shut. So i bought some new ones hopefully they come by the weekend and ill give it a go again..Highly recommend MACE there really helpfully good guys to deal with..

Good to hear it's getting sorted out mate...

Though you wouldn't have had these issues if you purchased the YT product, you just get everything you need in the pack... :p

Nah, MACE are alright... got my bigger TB from they, was having some issues and they were happy to help me out.

Keep to hear how you go this weekend!

ralph_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt mate
the sun is out good weather im happy... oh and my car is finally going about time, it was the pedestals got them today put them straight away and no problem steve at mace is so helpfully.. going take it for a drive now see how she goes

kego

Reaction score
Members Ride
custom vk Calais
well how"s she go then ?

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
I have YT rollers, but if i didn't, the price and service they offer i would get them (Mace). The Mace ones are nearly 2/3 the price of YT ones, and for higher ratios include the pushrods. Back in the day FIT werent including them and changing extra $200+. This made YT a better option at that time who include them on all rockers. Both are good rockers, but Mace seem to be upping the anty with the V6 crowd.

ralph_vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt mate
goes alot better revs out more. way more responsive over all goes harder