Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Performance Parts - L67

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Is it essential to run 98 octane with the L67?
Also whats the current price for the 10PSI pulley + tool, still $295?

cheers,

You mean in stock form? 95 octane is perfectly fine. It's when you start doing mods that people say to run 98 but even then, if your not redlining it, 95 is fine to use.

MACE

Reaction score
Fitted the CAI this morning and so far so good. It required a little bit of finessing to get it to sit correctly and we did end up die grinding the hole to about an extra half hole to the left side of the car and that was a much better fit for the washer bottle as it now sits down in the hole and theres room for the cap. Its now more egg or oval shaped.

Would it matter that my accelerator cable is running on top of the box instead of under and around? There wasnt enough stretch in it so we just cut the zip ties and let it sit over top. It looks to clear the bonnet and box space fine and throttle response doesnt seem to be altered.

Waiting on the boost kit now and we should get that started during next weekend (if the posties get it to us by then) as dad seems to want to take the blower completely off the car and check it out. I suggested just the snout so we can do the coupler I have waiting there but whatever hey. Might bust out the die grinder again and smooth some things up inside.

Edit: Might look into a 6mm spacer as well while its off.

In regards to the installing the box I’ll assume you followed the fitting instructions. If you didn’t then there will be certainly misalignment issues. Otherwise it may have required more adjusting of the box, as the area where the filter sits is a bit tight on the VR-VS commodores. Failing this though the lid may require reworking however this is quite rare, but not impossible as every car is different. The throttle cable shouldn’t be a problem however I haven’t fitted one a factory VS L67 in a while, but I think this will provide a good excuse to install one on my wife’s car :)

As for the 6mm spacer it’s really recommended if you run aftermarket fuel rails. I say this as the factory fuel rails might not have enough give without fuel rail extenders and you can’t really make fuel rail extenders that short. Though I have heard of people installing these using the factory rails, it’s just that we haven’t test fitted them yet, to say yes or no, so I prefer to err the side of caution in this case ;)

Is it essential to run 98 octane with the L67?
Also whats the current price for the 10PSI pulley + tool, still $295?

cheers,

Hi Bullet1,

In regards to fuel requirements for your L67, what Scooter79 has said has pretty much summed it up.

You mean in stock form? 95 octane is perfectly fine. It's when you start doing mods that people say to run 98 but even then, if your not redlining it, 95 is fine to use.

Also the price for the boost upgrade kit is still $295, including the loan of the pulley removal/installation tool.

Cheers
Steve :D

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
What's the difference between High Ratio 1:9:1 rockers and ultra high ratio 1:98:1 rockers?

pros? cons?

flywheels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
ported throttle body?

Hi Mace,
I have a new MY10 VE SV6 ute.
Will your ported throttle body and mass air flow meter fit on this car?
How much are they?
I know it would gain more from mapping the computer but my car is still standard at the moment so I'm wondering if these two items can bolt straight on without any tuning.
PS - I have a cold air intake and a cat back exhaust on order, to be fitted soon.
Cheers

MACE

Reaction score
What's the difference between High Ratio 1:9:1 rockers and ultra high ratio 1:98:1 rockers?

pros? cons?

The main difference is the power figures in that the 1.98:1's make more then the 1.9:1's, however the 1.98:1 ratio rockers are more likely to require a valve spring upgrade if a lot of boost is being pumped into the engine

Hi Mace,
I have a new MY10 VE SV6 ute.
Will your ported throttle body and mass air flow meter fit on this car?
How much are they?
I know it would gain more from mapping the computer but my car is still standard at the moment so I'm wondering if these two items can bolt straight on without any tuning.
PS - I have a cold air intake and a cat back exhaust on order, to be fitted soon.
Cheers

Hi flywheels,

Given the car you have the only product that we have to suit would be our manifold insulators. If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers
Steve

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
How much is it for a valve spring upgrade? Do you do them or are they sourced independently?

MACE

Reaction score
How much is it for a valve spring upgrade? Do you do them or are they sourced independently?

Hi HamaTime,

Valve spring upgrade by themselves can start off from $180, it all comes down to ones requirements.

For mild ecotec builds, a combination that we recommend would be to go for Crow 4231, Manley retainers (to achieve a certain installed spring height) and Comp valve locks. The price for a package like this would be $250, of which we have in stock. Our updated website will reflect this within the coming weeks ;)

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
g'day MACE starting to work my L67 gonna do all the intake first just wondering, with more boost if I fit the 69mm throttle body and your ported flow meter it will have alot less restriction and could suck thru more air? correct

more air, bigger bang, more ponys at the wheels