Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Performance Parts - L67

MACE

Reaction score
g'day MACE starting to work my L67 gonna do all the intake first just wondering, with more boost if I fit the 69mm throttle body and your ported flow meter it will have alot less restriction and could suck thru more air? correct

more air, bigger bang, more ponys at the wheels

Hey ducker85,

That's correct however you'll need a custom tune for the ported MAF

Cheers
Steve :)

wogstyler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim sc L67
in my opinion, if you goin to get a bigger maf and need a tune for it, just get a mafless tune. Even less restriction if you worried that much about it. The only trick is finding someone who knows wat they are doing to tune it right!!!
Be careful who you get to tune it and do your homework on them before giving them your car.

MACE

Reaction score
in my opinion, if you goin to get a bigger maf and need a tune for it, just get a mafless tune. Even less restriction if you worried that much about it. The only trick is finding someone who knows wat they are doing to tune it right!!!
Be careful who you get to tune it and do your homework on them before giving them your car.

I agree with what your saying wogstyler, especially the part about a proper tuner!

Otherwise they metering methods have there pros and cons. If you go a proper bored out MAF the restriction is fark all ;) They also are cheaper to tune and look factory like and work with the factory piping off the bat. Plus they are more tolerant to any engine changes as they directly measure air consumption (more accurate metering) unlike a map sensor which does not. As a result the computer need to calculate air consumptions using feedback from other sensors hence being less accurate and less tolerant to change

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Hey ducker85,

That's correct however you'll need a custom tune for the ported MAF

Cheers
Steve :)

could I just reset my computer n use it untill i get a few more mods done (boost n exhaust) and then get a tune or would i be better leaving the ported MAF off untill the day i get the tune?

VY03

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim
could I just reset my computer n use it untill i get a few more mods done (boost n exhaust) and then get a tune or would i be better leaving the ported MAF off untill the day i get the tune?

Better off leaving the ported maf for now as it needs a custom tune to run right as the factory tune won't work eg idle rpm all over the place

wogstyler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim sc L67
I agree with what your saying wogstyler, especially the part about a proper tuner!

Otherwise they metering methods have there pros and cons. If you go a proper bored out MAF the restriction is fark all ;) They also are cheaper to tune and look factory like and work with the factory piping off the bat. Plus they are more tolerant to any engine changes as they directly measure air consumption (more accurate metering) unlike a map sensor which does not. As a result the computer need to calculate air consumptions using feedback from other sensors hence being less accurate and less tolerant to change

I agree on the maf tuning but it also depends on the future of the mods. eg, With a A2A cooler it is alot harder to tune with maf in as the air has a long way to travel between maf, tb, engine. You will most likely get a flatspot.
they alot easier to tuine with a W2A cooler.

MACE

Reaction score
I agree on the maf tuning but it also depends on the future of the mods. eg, With a A2A cooler it is alot harder to tune with maf in as the air has a long way to travel between maf, tb, engine. You will most likely get a flatspot.
they alot easier to tuine with a W2A cooler.

Depends on where the MAF is located though ;) In an air to air setup it's best to put the MAF after the intercooler plate

wogstyler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim sc L67
yeah i can understand that MACE :)
But while i got a W2A I have to say they are best lol hahahahaha.

wogstyler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim sc L67
nah it a stealth lol. I just havin a joke :)
Wish it was bigger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!