Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 power increase

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hey @Matey I am thinking of fitting an SC14, once I get the heads redone. Should be able to squeeze an extra 35-40hp without stressing out the small charger. They are fairly cheap too. Full kit with brackets I'd say would be well under a grand. Only issue will be getting a tune as that will be close to another 1000 bucks.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hi @MateyExhaust with straight through offset muffler and rear resonator is probably the best fitted with a100 cell cat converter.

I was told by a pretty knowledgeable bloke that high flow cats would be a waste as the standard cat is not a restriction unless you are around 200+ HP.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

That's an L67 charger, considering it won't easily bolt on the headache to make such a charger work would be a nightmare. A Raptor is a straight fit and probably around the same money.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yella Terra is Proud to Announce the New 2400 STREET SERIES, V6 Supercharger Kits.

Suits: V6 BUICK / ECOTEC L36 & L67 ENGINES

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Apologies Trevor it does say fits Buick. I don't understand how, since an L67 charger won't mount on a Buick. They must have an adapter.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Love it but I think its a waste of money, with the L36 you would need to upgrade the insides to take the extra power, this is why the L67 is a much stronger built engine. I just don't see the point in adding extra horsepower unless you want to go down the quarter mile for trophy's.
Be better off going on a good holiday that can give you memories and to give yourself a rest from the world problems.