Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 supercharged

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
gday guys i am getting my car supercharged with the raptor pro street intercooled.
it will be here next wednesday and i am gogin to fit it up myself over the weekend after i currently have a 2.5' exhaust single but i have stumbled across a twin 2.5 inch off a vz 6l which has turbo genie mufflers and a turbo genie resognator.
i want to fit this to my car as i have just had a a muffler collapse and car is giving me a hard time.
i have a vs ecotec 1995 with irs i have been told by my local exhaust shop that it will fit up pretty easily but i want to know if the twin 2.5 will be too much for the mere 6 banger.
and also while im asking i am lookinf at just using silicone joiners for my intercooler set up instead of getting it welded as money comes into it.
has any1 done this before and had failure or sucess just wondering if its worth doing or if its worth just getting it welded

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
the system will fit, it is slightly big but depending on what inda boost and power your after should be alright. its better than the 2.5 inch put it that way.,

silicon joiners will work with ur intercooler just where possible try not to, less dramas with welded pipes, silicon joiners tend to leak.

radarak47

I lean to the right
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim
I have the 1 5/8 pacies and a twin 2.5 inch exhaust all the way through. I have had no issues with low down torque etc. If you up the boost with the intercooler you will have a very nice setup with the twins, Tim from Raptor says the exhaust is the key to unlocking every last bit of power.

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
currently i have a ***ed cat it has broken inside and blocked my exhaust.
it sometimes blows free so i am still able to drive but tis a pain in the arse so im getting a metal cat put on i am gogin to leave the single 2.5' exhaust on and see how i go ill end up changing it but when funds allow for it i just need to get it fixed as if i throw 8psi down its throat when the exhaust is blocked it might send it back up motor and blow it

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
throwing 8psi down it on the 2.5" exhaust is pushing it still, with or without the blocked cat mate.

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
metal cats on not sure if thats wat problem was with exhaust but yer cars running a bit better back to stage one i think... old cat seemed pretty clear.
and 2.5 should be ok for a while might be pushing it a bit but the air is being forced out so it hopefuly should hold off for a while

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
yer being forced out by your pistons and slowing them down = power lost

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
And a free flowing exhaust from cat back ......... critical, as RADARAK47 has said.

A true 2.5" cat is passable but many of them neck down to 2.25" inside where you can't see too good, so keep an eye for for that trick :D

Should come together just fine

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
just mounted up the intercooler

have a few pice of the intercooler mounted up its only small but is the one i got with my kit so it should be sufficiant
all i used was a bit of flat bar and bent it into my own brackets its fixed at top and bottom

Attachments

• 01122008060.jpg
    01122008060.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 187
  • 01122008063.jpg
    01122008063.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 209
  • 01122008064.jpg
    01122008064.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 202