Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 supercharged

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
ouch, and I believe it is 3" piping both before and after the intercooler. if you go to the raptor website it states the size of the intercooler.

had a look on the site but didn't see anything

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
yer i also had a look and it didnt say when i get home ill measure it up for ya i had to take off car otherwise the insurance guy would have been wtf but yer gone through insurance and hopefully car isnt a write off i only hit front drivers side but have had a panel beater tell me that if i bent the radiator support that its a write off and i have bent it but not much accessor said they might be able to actually panel beat the radiator support but yer duno see wat they come back to me with.

hope it doesnt get written off then ill need to get a new chip for it

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
done done and done supercharger is working didnt really have any major issues just an error code for coolant temp voltage too high but yer duno whys thats come up and yer i used an ebay blow off valve and its not opening too stiff but i have to take it in to get 2 pipes welded on for that so i can use bosch plumb backs

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
just thought id show you my handy work, did all intercooler piping myself with just silcon joiners and aluminum pipe brought it as a kit off ebay for 250 bucks have used good clamps so im hoping for the best might just stick it out people have said they wouldnt do it with silicon joiners but yer.

Attachments

• 19122008094.jpg
    19122008094.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 182
  • 20122008095.jpg
    20122008095.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 240
  • 20122008099.jpg
    20122008099.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 213

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
looking good. with decent clamps you shouldn't have any problems:thumbsup:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
thats good to hear mate:thumbsup:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
hey man, good to hear your enjoying the raptor. i just had a look at those pics you put up and you should totally move that pod away from the s/c man.
it gets pretty freaking hot right there so you wont be doing yourself any favours with the filter right next to it.

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
yer lol already have done mate i wanted to get rid of a bit of induction noice as well i jsut put a bend on it and now its down towards the box more and yer keep in mind the sc is intercooled but eyr anything to keep temps down

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
yer lol already have done mate i wanted to get rid of a bit of induction noice as well i jsut put a bend on it and now its down towards the box more and yer keep in mind the sc is intercooled but eyr anything to keep temps down

good to hear. enclosing the pod will reduce its noise also (and make it street legal).
also just because it's intercooled doesn't mean you don't want the coolest intake you can get. your just fighting an uphill battle trying to cool very hot air from right next to the s/c, then compressing it making it even hotter.