Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VCM Tunning Software

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
yes sammy you have your opinion & the rest of us will stick to the facts

Come on back that statement up with facts.

He has said that that VZ are running rich. Weather that be because of imission laws or becasue its badly tuned he is still right.

Its well know that VT-VZ GENIII run very rich and easy KW are there for the taking with a proper tune.

I am sure this is the same with the VZ alloytec. It might be running rich because of EURO3 emissions specification
but it doesnt mean that there are cheap KW there for the taking.

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
its not that they can't, but they WONT!

Your factory holden dealer cant change the state of tune in the car. Tech 2 or what ever they are using cannot make these changes.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Come on back that statement up with facts.

He has said that that VZ are running rich. Weather that be because of imission laws or becasue its badly tuned he is still right.

Its well know that VT-VZ GENIII run very rich and easy KW are there for the taking with a proper tune.

I am sure this is the same with the VZ alloytec. It might be running rich because of EURO3 emissions specification
but it doesnt mean that there are cheap KW there for the taking.

Fact. if the tune is so rich how does it pass emission testing
Fact. if you alter the tune in a Euro3 spec vehicle you will alter the emissions.
Fact. if you alter the emissions you are opening yourself up for huge fines.
Fact. i really dont care if you get want to mess around with it, its not my problem until you want warranty.

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
Fact. if the tune is so rich how does it pass emission testing
Fact. if you alter the tune in a Euro3 spec vehicle you will alter the emissions.
Fact. if you alter the emissions you are opening yourself up for huge fines.
Fact. i really dont care if you get want to mess around with it, its not my problem until you want warranty.

Fact. How is it possible then to extract so much power from the GENIII. Most tunners lean them out and they make power.

Fact. My mechanic has a single turbo setup on an alloytec and he says they are running stupidly rich.

Fact. A stock 175kw alloytec should make over 210kw with a custom tune.

Fact. You can have twin tables written that can be accessed at the flick of a switch. One emissions friendly and one power friendly.

Fact. Even if you are caught its very easy to have your tuner put the standard tune back into your car.

Fact. Why the hell wouldnt you have a custom tune.

Just a quick question, how is that you are so sure that these cars dont run rich.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Fact. How is it possible then to extract so much power from the GENIII. Most tunners lean them out and they make power.

Fact. My mechanic has a single turbo setup on an alloytec and he says they are running stupidly rich.

Fact. A stock 175kw alloytec should make over 210kw with a custom tune.

Fact. You can have twin tables written that can be accessed at the flick of a switch. One emissions friendly and one power friendly.

Fact. Even if you are caught its very easy to have your tuner put the standard tune back into your car.

Fact. Why the hell wouldnt you have a custom tune.

Just a quick question, how is that you are so sure that these cars dont run rich.

Most "tunners" tune to make power, not emissions requirements.

if alloytechs are "stupidly rich" how do they meet the stringent emissions requirements?

twin table calibrations are possible, although not common.

if you get caught for an EPA your vehicle can be impounded until testing, no reflash possible.

Custom tunes are good, hell its how i make my living.

to answer your question, look above.

Look im not against tuning, as i said its my trade, all i originally said was in response to a stupid comment that "the alloytech is tuned rich, thats why they use so much fuel", this is garbage, the reason for the excessive fuel consumption is the driving style. My parents drove thiers to darwin & back at 8.2l/100km according to the trip computer, does this sound like its running rich??

Rob

kilmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
VTSS350.....

Have you heard any news from the VCM guys ????

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
Look im not against tuning, as i said its my trade, all i originally said was in response to a stupid comment that "the alloytech is tuned rich, thats why they use so much fuel", this is garbage, the reason for the excessive fuel consumption is the driving style. My parents drove thiers to darwin & back at 8.2l/100km according to the trip computer, does this sound like its running rich??

Rob

I mean rob. I own a supercharged 5.7L GENIII auto making 360rwkw. It returns 9.8L to 100k from sydney to threabo.

My alloytec returns 12.2 L to the 100 for the same trip and the car is as factory standard as possible. I can garrentee that it has nothing to do with driving style. The cruise control is set most of the time. I have never seen better than 12.2 out of my alloytec.

Have had a wideband sensors on the alloytec and it is running very rich. Holden have replaced 02 sensors and cannot find anything wrong with the car at all. Its only 15,000k old.

How do you explain this.

And dont say there could be a hole in the fuel tank.

When my GENIII was stock it would return 11L to 100k on the highway. Had it tunned by Sams Performance and it droped down to 9L to the 100k.

The fuel trims were way out and I am guessing that its the same with my alloytec.

Will wait untill VCM release there software and then have the car tunned properly. I can almost garrentee that it will make more power and use less fuel.

Last edited by a moderator:

s2vy

Reaction score
My alloytec returns 12.2 L to the 100 for the same trip and the car is as factory standard as possible. I can garrentee that it has nothing to do with driving style. The cruise control is set most of the time. I have never seen better than 12.2 out of my alloytec.

Have had a wideband sensors on the alloytec and it is running very rich. Holden have replaced 02 sensors and cannot find anything wrong with the car at all. Its only 15,000k old.

I have an alloytec that sits on 11.9/100 around town and that's mostly short 10min trips to work where I don't even get to 80km/h. When I do get a bit of motorway driving in (no more than 20k's)and hit the cruise it drops down to 10.2/100. I don't baby it as I find it a bit gutless compared to the old ecotec so have my foot into it alot.

It sounds like yours really is running rich, maybe try a different Holden dealer, They're definitely not all equal!

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Will wait untill VCM release there software and then have the car tunned properly. I can almost garrentee that it will make more power and use less fuel.
ok so get your car "tunned" & it will use less fuel
it will not be legal but you will be happy ok

good luck with the EPA