Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 2008 strange issue with Air Con (Front Vents ON and Off)

sss1600

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6 auto (crazy i know! Haa)
Mine has the same issue with the face vents not working intermittently. This seems worse if i am in a hurry to start the car and dont give it a few seconds to do its checks. I have just been restarting the engine and then the face vents start working again. I will try the hvac vent relearn procedure today and see if it helps.

darwincommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2010 Berlina Series 2 Wagon 3.0L
Good to hear all is working now. It would be great to know what causes this issue if anyone ever finds out, but the workaround of vents on feet will keep me going for a while.
I know digging up an old thread here. But I'd like to say I had the exact same issue described. Start the car with air set to feet and no issues in changing to face. Otherwise demist button to reset and would work.

It was the actuator causing the issue. It didn't make any clunking noises or appear to be faulty, but replacing it has solved the issue.

I just got around to changing the actuator under the driver's side dash. Took me 1.5 hours, not too hard a job if you use a right angle screw driver for that barstard of a screw.

How to replace is shown here. Also Autoinstruct has a tutorial.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/ve-hvac-actuator-replacement.231412/