Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 2008 V6 Anniversity with ABS Fault

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Yes went shopping yesterday on the VE V6 2008 Anniversity and I got a Alarm, my ABS was at fault. Done a goggle on this and they say the Rear Wheels sensor's posible have failed. Used my Son scan tools and told me that the rear right was the issue,,, bough two of them from ebay for both rear (one pack) wheels and should get them late next week. Checked the two fuses under the bonnet on the left side fuse and relay box and they were ok.
Question
Tell me,, besides the sensors what else can cause this issue?
Thanks

Last edited:

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Yes went shopping yesterday on the VE V6 2008 Anniversity and I got a Alarm, my ABS was at fault. Done a goggle on this and they say the Rear Wheels sensor's posible have failed. Used my Son scan tools and told me that the rear right was the issue,,, bough two of them from ebay for both rear (one pack) wheels and should get them late next week. Checked the two fuses under the bonnet on the left side fuse and relay box and they were ok.
Question
Tell me,, besides the sensors what else can cause this issue?
Thanks
In some cases l've read that it's the abs cable, that goes to the sensor?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
In some cases l've read that it's the abs cable, that goes to the sensor?
Yes done a googling and they said the same. The Video showed Damaged to the Cable, Changed the Cable and it was fixed. Interesting. I read somewhere it was a 1/4 inch socket or 6MM socket or Even a torx socket to get the sensor out.. I only have cheap Chinese 3/8 Drives for 1/4 or 6mm Sockets to use, Maybe need to get better quality 1/4 or 6,mm sockets. Told can be tight to get out.

Reactions: Lex

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did more digging, Seems that poor Battery or Bad wheel bearing can cause this if on the front but did not know about the battery. The Battery in the VE is about 3 years old after I fixed the old girl up from its grave. Again Very Busy ATM. Tomorrow I will add the last Cable in the Kitchen for our OFF Grid Power Point, Have to do it early in the Morning as it 45 Deg in the ceiling or do it late at night when it cool down and by them the day after or more I should get my rear wheel sensors from Ebay then I will be able to give the car more attention. Thank God I have the Reliable VR 2003 Commodore.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Funny thing yesterday morning, I turned the ignition on, started the car and HAD NO ABS Fault. Must have known I was just about the change the both Sensors on the rear.
Anyhow I changed the both of them and all is ok, By the way DID NOT HAVE ANY CODES to clear Hummmmmm.

Reactions: Lex