Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE commodore/G8 pontiac

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Why are you waiting 2-3 months for an exhaust?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I didn’t think we had an exhaust shortage in this country. Toilet paper during lockdowns yes but not exhausts.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Had an exhaust done last year when covid was just starting to get under control...Biggest problem I struck was getting the car booked in for it to be done, because the 2 shops near me were busy...Not because they were short of exhaust pipe...It took 3 or 4 days to get an opening for the system to be done...

So me thinks some place is playing games with the OP....

B_rad2723

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp berlina LX S2
2 to 3 months wait, $2500+, returning it if its wrong. Sounds like a major hassle. I'm sure you could find a shop that would build a custom setup near you in a few days for not much more then that. Bonus is you can play around with it and get it perfect for you
All my quotes are +$4000 in material & time/labor from shops around me, plus I can't go 2 days without the car as it's my daily n need it for work. So only option i got really it to look at something that no one here in Aus has. N the exhaust I'm looking at will just need a new flange welded on n they I'll be set, 1 day max of workin on the car.

B_rad2723

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp berlina LX S2
I didn’t think we had an exhaust shortage in this country. Toilet paper during lockdowns yes but not exhausts.
Everyone here has the same stuff, Xforce, mantra so on. But they all give the same note just different tone. Nothing completely different in my opinion

H

harrop.senator

How different do you want it to be? Manta sounds much different to xforce.

You can also choose between rear mufflers , hotdogs and straight pipe.

Straight centre , hotdogs or mufflers.

What exactly is so special about these us exhausts?

If you want it to sound so different it's not usually in the piping. Buy a $250-350 used exhaust and swap the mufflers and/or resonators out with the brand or style that computer speakers have sold you on.

Even running expensive mufflers you're looking at $1000 in 4 aftermarket mufflers and then some welding. No harder then changing flanges but won't cost 4k or wait 3 months.

B_rad2723

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp berlina LX S2
How different do you want it to be? Manta sounds much different to xforce.

You can also choose between rear mufflers , hotdogs and straight pipe.

Straight centre , hotdogs or mufflers.

What exactly is so special about these us exhausts?

If you want it to sound so different it's not usually in the piping. Buy a $250-350 used exhaust and swap the mufflers and/or resonators out with the brand or style that computer speakers have sold you on.

Even running expensive mufflers you're looking at $1000 in 4 aftermarket mufflers and then some welding. No harder then changing flanges but won't cost 4k or wait 3 months.
I'm abit of an odd ball so that contributes to this, the big thing the American exhausts have over the Australian exhaust is that the note gives more of that classic muscle note. "like rolling thunder" is the best way I can explain it as every AUD exhaust use X pipes to merge the exhaust gases, so you don't get that note plus i don't wanna spend to much time readjusting the H-pipe just to get what I'm after when I can just get it n go all the while sounding completely different then any other SS here in AUS... once I get the exhaust I'm lookin at I'll post a vid on youtube for everyone to check out.

H

harrop.senator

Converting from X pipe to h pipe will take a good fabricator a whole half an hour once it's on the hoist.

Sounds like you're really looking to do things the hard way lol.

If you really want it to sound old school delete the balance pipe altogether and go true duals.