Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve commodore not charging, power seats an windows not working even with new battery

Blair O

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ve commodore 3.6 leo
Hey everyone ive recently purchased a $1000 ve commodore with a 3.6 alloytec auto (leo engine)with some problems . Was told it had a new computer put in it an programmed to the vin not sure why wasnt told. but its not happy but runs an drives. But the abs, battery, airbag an cheack engine light are on its coding p0018 and p0016. The power windows an power seats wont work, boot release in glovebox doesnt work, nether does the central locking an its not charging. in engineers mode my new battery shows 12v an 0% chagre an will not start without throttle. When running it says cheack charging system then goes into battery saver mode. it drives okay tho responsive. shifts a bit funny hard shift into some gears slips into others.Any ideas for any of this would be much appreciated

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
You need to find someone with a tech2 to go through the whole system.
All the things you say don't work all run through the BCM so that would appear to have issues.
Which computer did they replace? BCM? ECU? and they need linking not just a VIN change to work together.
As for the engine codes they relate to cam timing being out of position which is generally due to stretched timing chains but with all your other problems where do you start!?!

At least for a start go through all the fuses with a mulitmeter and check all the relays as well.
Fuses can be found in boot above battery, on left side passenger well little sliding door and under the hood.
Also check the Battery is tight and that the main fuses attached to the positive battery terminal are working.

Blair O

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ve commodore 3.6 leo
All the things you say don't work all run through the BCM so that would appear to have issues.
Which computer did they replace? BCM? ECU? and they need linking not just a VIN change to work together.
As for the engine codes they relate to cam timing being out of position which is generally due to stretched timing chains but with all your other problems where do you start!?!

At least for a start go through all the fuses with a mulitmeter and check all the relays as well.
Fuses can be found in boot above battery, on left side passenger well little sliding door and under the hood.
Also check the Battery is tight and that the main fuses attached to the positive battery terminal are workin

Also check the Battery is tight and that the main fuses attached to the positive battery terminal are working.
Whats a tech2? Yeah i though it could be bcm related but i habe no why to test i only habe a cheap repco scan tool. An i think he said he changed the ecu an it cost him 1100 at greymouth honda to get it matched to the vin or something. Also ive cheack what fuses i can an i did just read about those codes been linked to camchain it does rattle alil when warm tho its hard to here over the guys homemade cat delete pipes leaking lol.