Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
just looked
cluster ground is earth 3
RH inner fender
i assume its the abs bracket ground, so maybe you disturbed it in your earlier work

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry to but in but @lout have you got your PDF service manuals working again and if so how as I have the same issue. F@$#% Adobe updates.
no, tried rolling back updates but it goes 2 pages in then cannot open in reader or acrobat
just searching through the data and creating shortcuts for things i use regularly

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
no, tried rolling back updates but it goes 2 pages in then cannot open in reader or acrobat
just searching through the data and creating shortcuts for things i use regularly
Bastards !!!!

Glaze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
fusible links supply power to fuses, so if you have power at fuses, fusible links must be ok
remove cluster and check pin 19 pink/blue should have power with ignition on
pin 20 orange/yellow constant 12v
pin 6 black/yellow ground
Okay I will check out the cluster when I get time

Glaze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Do you have OBD to the car? Software on Elm Street (among a few others) has really good diags to see where power is and isn't from which you can isolate poles and looms. You might even have trouble codes that can't trigger a CEL due to canbus faults
I have SOE not much data for cluster or power supply in interior, mainly engine sensors and o2

Glaze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Sorry to but in but @lout have you got your PDF service manuals working again and if so how as I have the same issue. F@$#% Adobe updates.
Does your alternator charge the battery or is your cluster just dead?

Glaze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
just looked
cluster ground is earth 3
RH inner fender
i assume its the abs bracket ground, so maybe you disturbed it in your earlier work
So it’s not pin 6? I’ve never touched that ground only when I took out the charging system harness but it’s back on there right

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
pin 6 goes to the fender ground bolt

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Had the same problem, damn Adobe and their stupid security updates. Two available solutions, first you can download a previous version of Adobe Reader DC that doesn't have this problem - the one I had saved on my PC was a 3/2021 US version that works fine. However you have to disable the Adobe automatic updates otherwise you will be back to square one very quickly. How to link below:

The other solution is to use an alternative reader app, such as the free Foxit PDF Reader. This app works quite well and has better/faster search facilities - when you are searching, it immediately shows the results as soon as you start typing the search, and narrows the results the more you type into the search string. Much better than Adobe.

Last edited: