Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore Omega Upgrades

legendofperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL CALAIS TURBO
mate.i just bought my 2009 omega ve. last week i hit a bin wheelie in my home while i was reversing my omega. It hits the rear bumper and boot. can you guide me..if i want to replace omega boot with SS one.

patto911

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 sportwagon
hey boys,

i have put king springs on my sv6 wagon which makes it sit 30mm lower i also put ssv black machined wheels, redback twin 2.5 inch mufflers chrome handles chrome mirrors, big 15" kenwood subs in box in back with kenwood amp. not blowing smoke but car looks nice.

i was also wondering about the headunit. can i put an aftermarket 1 on like a kenwood or sumfin. and if i could what happens with the aircon controls

WatchOut

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Ute
Hey there I am looking to upgrade my omega 2010 ute exhaust to a ve ss stock exhaust as my mate has one and will sell to for $150 not sure how much it actually.
I just wondering to you guys reckon it will be worth the effort and money. Will it sound any better.I will need to get a new bumper with the twin holes how are they worth.

Sorry for the somewhat dumb questions but I dont know much about upgrading car

callan91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega 3.0L Series 2
Wow this is freaky.
I owned a 1994 EF falcon fairmont and just traded it in for my 2011 series ii omega about 8 months ago.

i recently changed the sound system to
2x 6.5 pioneers in front
2x 6 pioneers in rear doors
2x calais rear speaker covers
2x 6x9 pioneer speakers sitting inside
1x alpine s type sub
2x 4 channel pioneers splitter amps

Anything over 33 distorts but 23 and my ears are about to explode. I will be getting another sub soon. I dont know if my boot is soundproofed or something because my number plate is vibrating way too much.

Also got sv6 rims and just purchased ss front bar and and side skirts

Metz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II
I took my car to j b hi fi and got the kicker combo pack 4. It's a 4way channel amp and the basic comp sub 375 watts peak 175 rms. I also got a pair of kicker speakers as well.

All up $650 including sub amp install and side speakers install

It is very good for the price it is but if your a bass head I'd look for stronger amp, sub.

They said its not possible yet to take the head unit off.
But im thinking of upgrading to dual or maybe one 18".

My Bluetooth works fine.
You say you got the omega? Series 1 or II?

18,19 or 20 inch rims is the recommended size

18 is prob the best I reckon, I feel bumps on 18's so going up would kinda be worse.

You can check ozzytyres.com. They have a lot of custom rims plus they have Holden rims gallery.

Only thing is its online purchase, if you live close, lucky you. I think they still have that from 50% off rims and tyre package

Metz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II
Here is a pic of mine once done. This what you're after?
28032009.jpg

Hey how do you turn the bottom lights on? Lol I seriously don't know

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
Hey how do you turn the bottom lights on? Lol I seriously don't know

I know this is an honest mistake, and I've made plenty worse than this before, but this made me laugh lol.