Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

angelkl27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
Hi there,
I have a 2008 VE R8 sedan that is driving me crazy at the moment with the alarm. I searched the forum for a similar problem to what I’m having but couldn’t find answers, I was hoping if I specify it here then someone can help me figure this out or direct me to a post that I might’ve missed!

The car has an aftermarket alarm.The alarm system used to beep twice when locking the car and once when unlocking.

The issue started happening in cold weather, I unlock the car and all Doors unlock fine however you don’t hear the alarm beep once to disengage.

I am able then to start the car however few seconds later the alarm starts going off and the neighbours think I’m stealing my own car for the 678th time…

Sometimes I start the car and as I get out and close the driver door the alarm starts going off once the door shuts.

I’ve recently changed the battery on the car, then this was happening and I thought it might be the battery in the keys so I changed the battery in both keys.

The alarm seems to never disengage in cold days. It has disengage couple of times when the weather has been warmer, appears to function okay when car is warm, any idea why?

Please help me if anyone knows what could be the issue?

I miss driving my baby :(

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
pm sent