Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Illegal Lights..?

MattB-05

SS_346+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute M6
Hey guys does anyone know if the extra lights on the VE SS front bar (on the bottom) are illegal to have on whilst driving..?
I know fog lights are but i thought the lights had to be yellow to be actual fog lights..

Any help would be great thanks...

OZSlayer

Morpheus
Reaction score
Website
www.randomas.com
Members Ride
VE SS 6.0
Yes mate they are Fog lights only to be used when its foggy or the police if they see you will book you for it.

MattB-05

SS_346+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute M6
too late $160 Fine:bang:
I thought they were driving lights though... Thought they had 2 be yellow as it is the only colour that actually aids in fog... white just illuminates the fog..

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I haven't read too much into this other than what you has been spread across the paper.

I have switched mine off it's not worth the fine, they did say you couldn't use them in fine conditions so basically if that is correct if there's clouds in the sky you could use them? I certainly wouldn't want to push my luck and go down that path though.

When they were talking about this I had a look on the Holden web site and it's indeed they are fog lights, I was under impression driving lights but that wouldn't stop them doing you for it.

Perhaps they should have considered something more useful ie making it compulsory to have headlights on out in country roads, more visibility the better in my book instead of a surprise which often ends in tragedy.

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
IM near Brisbane I have mine on all the time at nigth and when its rainy and overcast,so do a lot of other people ,I have driven past cop cars without a promblem and most of the time they have there driving lights on aswell ,so Im not sure of the laws up here compared to the rest of AUS
But all of the Cars I have seen using them ,have been factory fitted lights

MattB-05

SS_346+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute M6
Yea i think its just bad luck 4 me cause i had them on all the time with cops going the opposite direction... If they did make it illegal recently though and the only way the told people was by newspaper and tv does that mean that 4 me to not get fined for something else that im not aware of i need to make time to analyse this media cause i don't atm... (betta make sure i dont miss a page cause they might make the colour red illegal next lol) i dont know if its just me though but i think $160 for having some lights on is a bit excessive!!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I haven't read too much into this other than what you has been spread across the paper.

I have switched mine off it's not worth the fine, they did say you couldn't use them in fine conditions so basically if that is correct if there's clouds in the sky you could use them? I certainly wouldn't want to push my luck and go down that path though.

When they were talking about this I had a look on the Holden web site and it's indeed they are fog lights, I was under impression driving lights but that wouldn't stop them doing you for it.

Perhaps they should have considered something more useful ie making it compulsory to have headlights on out in country roads, more visibility the better in my book instead of a surprise which often ends in tragedy.

You bring up a great point. However that would promote safety, and wouldn't bring in any revenue.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi