Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Omega and installing bluetooth module

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Big job to get the BT out? All you have to remove is the glovebox...

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
The problem isn't the actual module. I pulled it out of my car, but the plug coming from the harness (and the microphone I guess) aren't in piranha's car. Read elsewhere on here the mic and a Y connector (I think) are needed. But no idea what that looks like or how much of the harness would have to be stripped to remove that wiring (or if that definitely is the case). There's a lot of plugs in the VE that aren't connected, but that doesn't seem to be one of them. I'm not that nice of a guy to go to that extent for him (or to do that to my baby) ;) Kind of hoped the plug was there, then it would just be a matter of putting a mic in.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Mic mounts in roof console and runs down passenger A pillar then through to module.

BT harness is plug and play and connects to the large white connector mounted behind the glovebox.

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Hmmm, might be worth pulling that glovebox out again and taking another look. I was happy to give him my module, but am not stripping all that trim for the mic. And where the plug branched out from the harness in my car, there wasn't a plug branching out in his. (Mine's MY08 SV6, his is Omega - MY09 I think). Maybe it branches out from the harness in a slightly different location?? I also can't blame the wrecker saying "come back when I've stripped it more", rather than trying to rip all that out for just the mic while he was there. But yeah, if you say there's a plug there, I'd say it's worth pulling the glovebox out again and double checking it doesn't branch off at a slightly different location. What I understand you're saying is that the mic is the only extra wiring he should need. Is that right?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
The plug that goes into the BT module is part of the harness that you remove from the car, it should simply unplug from the main harness.

The mic wiring isnt hard to remove, unclip the roof light assy and feed the mike forward to hang from the front of the roof lining then gently pull it out along to the a pillar trim. Only one screw holds this trim on under the rectangular cover with airbag stamped on it.

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Cheers Ricey, once again you give simple, good answers. I'll have a look at mine when I get a chance. It looked like that plug from the module went straight into the harness, but it must just be wrapped to it for a short bit to make it neater. As for the mic, I expected to need to have to do a lot more stuffing about removing the light assembly, partial roof lining, pillar trim and all that trim around the dash, tweeters and fuse panel etc. I already broke a clip on one of those trim pieces being impatient and frustrated while fixing my tweeter install, and didn't want to risk turning my baby into a squeaking, rattle box by breaking more (or loosening them).

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Hrm maybe yours was factory installed and not done at predelivery. You shouldnt have to unwrap anything.

I presumed they were all the same but its possible the factory fitted ones are hard wired rather than a seperate plug and play harness. If this is the case your mate needs to go to Holden spare parts and buy the patch harness and mic.

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Ah, it doesn't hurt to remove the glovebox and look again. That only takes a few minutes. And I did get my car 2nd hand. The previous owner put a phone antenna on the windscreen, so it's possible while they were running the cable for that, they wrapped the bluetooth wiring then to make it all neater. It does look like some kind of phone add-on was there, as there is what looks like aftermarket wires on the right hand side above the glovebox (one has a tag with phone mute written on it). Guessing he wanted it wired into the factory radio, not bluetooth for some reason.

wombat tow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ss sedan
hi there joe rogan in your last pic in the middle of the pic you see a sq hole cut out with a little right angle tab coming down it slides in there and plugs into a a little white plug which might be still taped to the main loom on the left of fan housing, I only know cause I pulled my partners glove box out this morning to look myself. as I brought a 09 omega on Friday and couldn't connect Bluetooth and found no module in there. when you plugged in module did it all work or did you still need the buy a mic for the roof lining??

craigz3644

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hi further to this conversation, i have just purchased an '07 Omega without bluetooth, i have been told it is very hard to install bluetooth because i need to find the whole wiring harness....is this true? or is it as easy as just plugging in the BT Module?