Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Omega and installing bluetooth module

DarbyC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 2006
Hi further to this conversation, i have just purchased an '07 Omega without bluetooth, i have been told it is very hard to install bluetooth because i need to find the whole wiring harness....is this true? or is it as easy as just plugging in the BT Module?

Hey CraigZ, I also am having trouble installing a Bluetooth option, 06 Omega, wondering if you ever had any luck in the end??

dave79au

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE COMMODORE V
My 2006 ve commodore v has the plug for the microphone already in the interior light console ive plugged in the microphone but there is no provision in the vehicle wiring harness for the module to plug into now I'm chasing the cable to plug into the big white plug on the harness that will allow me to connect the module up I have rang some dealerships chasing this cable but they keep telling me that its the whole harness that I will have to run to the interior light and they get confused when I tell them the harness is already there for the microphone

DarbyC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 2006
Send us a photo of underneath with glove box taken out ??

Predator9211

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon
Thats mine with the glove box out. my old BT module wasnt working so i replaced it with a second hand one, you can see the existing one up the top there mounted

Julianne1977

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6 OMEGA
Just wondering, do you actually need the specific holden microphone for this or can you get any bluetooth microphone for it? Thanks

Sprinkles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Ute
I was wondering if anyone has info on which pins are for the microphone on the plug that plugs into the bluetooth module, I fitted the module and works well except there is no mic or wiring I have a mic from another bluetooth install but just need to know which 2 wires I need to tap into to get it working

ZP

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV REDLINE 2010 COMMODORE
Hi i have figured this out. For my 08 Omega

Sprinkles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Ute
Can you please post what the 2 pins that I need to tap into for the mic to work? If possible what are the colors of the wires on the 16 pin bluetooth plug otherwise I just need to know which one is pin 1 if you supply the pin numbers

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hi further to this conversation, i have just purchased an '07 Omega without bluetooth, i have been told it is very hard to install bluetooth because i need to find the whole wiring harness....is this true? or is it as easy as just plugging in the BT Module?
I am interested too as I have an 08 SS and found a BT module for 30 bucks on ebay.

HSVHorsepower

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport - 560rwkw
Can you please post what the 2 pins that I need to tap into for the mic to work? If possible what are the colors of the wires on the 16 pin bluetooth plug otherwise I just need to know which one is pin 1 if you supply the pin numbers
Just in case anyone is still needing the answer to this question, on the bt module connector for the stock mic - positive is the blue wire (the one next to the yellow wire) and negative is the pink wire.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200718-135221_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200718-135221_Gallery.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 198