Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Omega Series 2 - Misfire - Odd Issues

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
Well the HP Tuners VCM Scanner reported the codes, we have an identical car......... no codes. So I trust what they tell me. That said I got a new ECU, again no codes....... couldn't get the VIN changed to suit but managed to a vats bypass with the proper software on it. Starts runs, same BS.

It's weird........ white smoke once it heats up....... no misfire, no injector issues no... Coolant doesn't seem to be disappearing but the exhaust is leaking some sort of fluid....

I've essentially given up, I've had enough and I'm going to sell it. I have no idea what the isssue is. It has a weird hestitation on hill acceleration....... could be associated, could be a fuel pump or a torque converter issue....... tho it drives and shifts fine.

So weird. Maybe a mechanic can work it out or throw in a used engine or something....... Either way I am defeated and I am giving up.

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
I ended up selling it.......... bumped into the bloke who bought it, didn't quite understand what he was referencing...... but it sounds like he just did the head gasket and she was all good...... so weird as the coolant didn't bubble etc.

White smoke I guess you can always put down to as BAD.