Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Overheating and misfire on gas 2009 VE Duel Fuel

TaxiVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Gday new here just got my first car for free and it’s got a few issues I can fix most of em but this has got me stumped
Idling in the driveway the engine starts to over heat very quickly I’ve gotten it to 1/2 seeing if the fans will turn on they won’t (typical) im about to get my fan relays tested (the aircon works just fine full cold) any one got any ideas?
My other issue is it misfires on gas it’s had the injectors replaced by the last owner (took it to a shop) recently ish I’m hoping it’s just the mechanics **** up and I can put new injectors in it any ideas if it’s not that? much love

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Assuming you don’t have any cooling system issues I’d suspect that it’s running lean for some reason as that would make it run hot and misfire.

Does it run fine on petrol without overheating?

TaxiVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Assuming you don’t have any cooling system issues I’d suspect that it’s running lean for some reason as that would make it run hot and misfire.

Does it run fine on petrol without overheating?
Runs fine on petrol but still over heats

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Ok. The fans should definitely be on with the temp gauge at half way so figuring that out will be the most important thing. It’s most likely a relay or a faulty temp sensor but double check that the plug connecting the fans to the wiring harness is actually connected and the plug is in good shape.

The LPG issue will be a bit more complicated seeing as you can’t legally work on the system without a gas license. It’s probably advisable to find an LPG mechanic to fix it, not least because throwing the parts cannon at some LPG systems can be expensive.

I had to replace one of the LPG injectors in my system and it cost me about $200 for a single injector (no labour) and I had to order it on eBay from Poland as new old stock because they don’t make that injector anymore.

The easiest thing you can check yourself is to see if it has any leaks. Fill a spray bottle with soapy water and spray it on the LPG connections to check for any leaks.

TaxiVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Ok. The fans should definitely be on with the temp gauge at half way so figuring that out will be the most important thing. It’s most likely a relay or a faulty temp sensor but double check that the plug connecting the fans to the wiring harness is actually connected and the plug is in good shape.

The LPG issue will be a bit more complicated seeing as you can’t legally work on the system without a gas license. It’s probably advisable to find an LPG mechanic to fix it, not least because throwing the parts cannon at some LPG systems can be expensive.

I had to replace one of the LPG injectors in my system and it cost me about $200 for a single injector (no labour) and I had to order it on eBay from Poland as new old stock because they don’t make that injector anymore.

The easiest thing you can check yourself is to see if it has any leaks. Fill a spray bottle with soapy water and spray it on the LPG connections to check for any leaks.
Thank you man I’ll check all this