Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve series 2

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
poor effort by Holden. Nice screen, but that is about it.... As I said in another post, this does not make me want to buy this model over the current VE. Poor poor effort. also the front scoop has gone shithouse... where have all the agressive lines gone? IMO VE shits all over the VE2 exterior-wise.

It was the same with the VZ/VY. The VY looked much tougher than the Z. Holden always seems to out out a nothing-to-see-here model before doing something different. Think VT/VX, VR/VS, VN/VP. Only minor changes. They'll introduce either a new V8 (if the DI is ready) at the end of VE2's life, or some kind of revision at least, so all the bugs get worked out before the next one.

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
SO another few years until we see drastic change.... might sway away from Holden by then lol

disorganise

Reaction score
Members Ride
F2 GTS 2015
The SS/SSV front bar looks like it's already been involved in an accident to me -the video makes it look it's bent back. Not sure I see the point of the headlight change neither, too subtle to be worth the tooling efforts and I actually think the old headlights look better.
I like the screen and the fact you finally get to store your MP3s on the harddrive, but the red 'highlights' in the SSV are tacky and I'm undecided about the round vents - don't particularly like them but it does mean the awful atari screen is gone. I'm waiting to hear whether the gearbox has been replaced/upgraded/modified since that's my biggest dislike of my current car (on my 2nd box and it's still shite) - the HSV box is much better from the test drives I've done....here's hoping the same one will make it into the ss/ssv.
Have to ask: what happened to the indicators in the door mirrors? What happened to the bonnet scoops for the SSV? (I think the scoops added a much needed presence - though they should be a zero cost option as not everyone likes them). Anyone know whether the drivers seat will now have a position memory tied to you key - ditto the door mirrors?

I like the new SS/SV6 wheels, but the SSV wheels are too HSV and the old model is better imho. All rather disappointing on the whole. Here's hoping the HSV E3 has a bit more going for it - maybe the LED headlights that were being flashed around the net a while back have been reserved for HSV which would allow them to fix the weird proportions of the E2 front end? Looking on the positive side - there's nothing here that makes the series 2 a 'must have' which means the original VE prices shouldn't be too badly impacted.

brad87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan 200SX S14
Keep in mind people, this is a VE series 2. Nobody's saying it's meant to be a VF. It's only meant to have minor changes. Better fuel economy, better stereo and new interior, more aerodynamic and lighter sounds pretty good to me and easily worth the $5k or so more than the current runout pricing.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Commodore Series II breaks cover

I found these bits interesting:

There is no loss in power by switching to E85 – indeed, E85 produces slightly more power than regular unleaded.

The switch to the renewable fuel can reduce CO2 emissions (Holden claims a 40 per cent reduction) but because you need to burn between 30 and 50 per cent more E85 to travel the same distance as you would in a car powered by regular unleaded, the net CO2 reduction at the tailpipe is between just 2 and 10 per cent.

The squint-and-you-might-miss-them alterations include a few different bends and bulges in the front bumper, a hairline fracture change to the headlights, and a subtle bump in the bootlid to improve aerodynamics.

All models now come standard with dual zone air-conditioning.

A navigation system and a rear camera are standard on the flagship SS-V and Calais V models, and optional on others in the range.

^^ That's a bit of a clincher IMO - if I'd have waited I could have had navigation and reverse camera! :hmmm:

2ndLook

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
After holding out to see what the latest model will look like I've decided to take the current model over this model. Now just have to get to Holden this week & make a deal!

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
After holding out to see what the latest model will look like I've decided to take the current model over this model. Now just have to get to Holden this week & make a deal!

likewise - picking up our Sledgehammer on Friday :)

oscarmanalpha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS wagon 6 man
Is it just me ? or are other folks going to miss the V8 6.0 litre badges under the front indicators.

They are better than a series 2 badge IMO.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
I think now is a good time to be getting the older VE's as they are running them out cheap ready for new stock of the VE2

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
They should've just brought out the VF... would be happier with this

holdenvfcommodore.thumbnail.jpg